NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody have the wiring diagrams for everything associated with a 2005 oem non-monsoon radio with satellite capability? I'm trying to backfit a 2005 to a 2000 and want to use the aux input and (big maybe here) satellite.

Thanks.

·
05 TDI Driver
10 Posts
I will look to see if i can find more.

I will look to see if i can find more wiring diags. Hope this at least points you in a good direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much. The radio that I am getting is not Monsoon and is satellite radio (not navi) capable. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
The wiring/connectors are pretty much exactly the same for Monsoon vs. non-Monsoon... the only different is that the brown connector serves up amp-ready line out level signals in the Monsoon configuration, and already amp'd speaker level signals in the non-Monsoon config.

There is virtually no retrofitting involved in updating a 2000 headunit with a 2005 headunit... as long as you stay with one type or the other (update Monsoon decks with Monsoon decks, non-Monsoon with non-Monsoon). The connectors are plug-and-play. The only retrofitting you'll have to do is routing and mounting the aux in jack.... and routing the satellite antenna, if you go that route (which will actually be the toughest aspect of the whole project).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but I don't see anything on the above wiring diagram that refers to Aux in or satellite. I have the feeling that there is indeed a wiring diagram out there that has that info. Again, thanks.
VF

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Ahhhh... you're right.
Technically, there is no additional "wiring" or connectors for the aux in. It's all built into the blue connector in the 2005 harness. You'd need to check with the dealer to see if you can get just that portion of the harness (the portion that plugs into the blue connector and splits into the leads for the CD changer and the aux in jack)... I think it may be a separate pigtail.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I still need those wiring diagrams that show the aux input. Is there even a Bentley manual CD for the 2005?

I just put in the Sat-capable CD head unit (that's much to fellow TDI'er smokemotul!). The unit sounds better than the original 2000 deck, in my opinion. It plays MP3 cd's and track info scrolls across. It's hard to read when driving, so I think I will not even try to get the Satellite radio to work and stick with the Roady. There is no track info displayed for the CD or the phatnoise though - is that as it should be.

Now all I need to figure out is which wires to splice into to get the Aux In to work, which is activated by cycling though the CD switch.

Thanks for any help here. I might just do the trial and error approach and hope for the best. :)

VelvetFoot

PS: I put the Roady on a Belkin support that goes into a cup holder and it works pretty nice and is more hidden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts