VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I have a 04 bug, when u bought it the left turn signal blinked fast, like a turn signal light was out, it was in fact, not out, so I just thought it was a minor plug short or something, didn't really bother me to much, so a few months go by, and I go to start it one day, and it's clicking thru the speakers, and every light in the instrument cluster is flashing really fast, car still runs and drive perfectly fine, turn signals work (when in this state, the left turn signal works perfectly fine) , brake lights, head lights, both work, if I pull the ebrake just enough for the first notch to set in, and the ebrake light comes on, when it's on, everything works perfect, it all stops, the difference in working and flickering is literally a hairs width difference on the ebrake...I can't figure it out , I've took the whole center console apart trying to find a shortmor a knick in the wire..but I'm finding nothing...please help, thx

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
Do you have the correct bulbs installed or a mixture of normal, led’s (?); sometimes the sockets get loose, need replaced and load differences, affect the blink rate. Lastly, the flasher relays; eventually get old, act goofy and need replaced, stick with a oem VW/Stribel quality replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I had a weird lights issue like that before and it wind up being the hazards light relay on my 2003 1.8t I'm not sure if your 04 also has the same hazard button setup as mine. It's an easy fix, the relay is behind the hazards push button and the whole unit pops out, put in the new relay and you're done. the relay is inexpensive off ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts