NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I have a 2000 VW Beetle Bug 2.0 and wanted to know how is the handeling with Neuspeed sport springs and Bilstein touring shocks from those that have lowered their beetle bug? I am looking for both comfort and handeling. I also picked up a set of 18" VW wheels.

Any recommendations for front and rear swaybars?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
I have the Bilstein TC struts and dampners with the short tubes and special valving for the 337 and 20 Anniversary Edition MKIV Golf GTI combined with the correct H&R sport springs. I find it to be a bit plusher than the same combo fitted with the Neuspeed springs.

It won't be harsh but it will be quite a lot firmer than stock while also providing more resistance to bottoming out on huge bumps and giving you better control. I think you've made a wise choice.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have that combo on my NB. The ride is not too bad, except hard bumps. The cornering is great, a big improvement over stock. The stance they provide, will look good with 18's, that's what I have, also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Supercharged98! Did you also upgrade the front and rear swaybars too? Btw, very nice car! Do you have anymore pictures? Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts