NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone on here running one of these superchargers for the 2.0L?
I would like to know what people think of them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
blutopless2 said:
Is anyone on here running one of these superchargers for the 2.0L?
I would like to know what people think of them.
My 1999 NB had one installed when I purchased it this spring. I don't know much about them except the previous owner said he chose it instead of the turbo because they are supposed to be less problem prone and we haven't had any problems with it yet. If you have any specific questions, I can ask my husband. I have to run premium gas and I was told to make sure anyone that works on the car knows about the supercharger.

I'm sorry, this is probably not much help but it does get up and go, no doubt about that. I think he said it increased the HP to around 150, does that sound right?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from neuspeeds website they claim up to 50% hp increase.. the Oz beetle spec is 85kW or 114hp... so i would expect to see the new specs after supercharged being around the 120kW 160hp mark.
My only problem is that there are no dealers in Australia that neuspeed lists.. so i dont know about installation etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
blutopless2 said:
from neuspeeds website they claim up to 50% hp increase.. the Oz beetle spec is 85kW or 114hp... so i would expect to see the new specs after supercharged being around the 120kW 160hp mark.
My only problem is that there are no dealers in Australia that neuspeed lists.. so i dont know about installation etc.
I probably don't know what I'm talking about here, but the previous owner said all mods to my NB were done by a VW tech - I'm thinking on the side so if you have a VW dealer in your area, could you ask one of their techs if they would be willing to install on the side then order the supercharger from the closest location? My apologies if I'm not making any sense, just chalk it up to being a female :eek: that doesn't know anything about auto mechanics but trying to help.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks.. i appreciate the information... am thinking about surprising my wife with this modification (its her pride and joy - i just get to drive it.. lol) and the nearest supplier is in New Zealand... so i have noone local i can ask all the techo questions to but i'm sure i can organise installation by a VW or Audi mechanic.
Don't be so hard on yourself as you explained it quite well.
Thanks.. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
help!

Hey, for me mate in Australia, are the beetles you get there left hand drive or are they RHD? If they're RHD, i wouldnt greatly appreciate it if u could tell me where u can get a supercharger for the RHD.
Went to www.neuspeed.com and they only have it for the LHD. Apparently, the brake pump is in the way. and of course the steering column.
Since it seems i can't get this upgrade, a friend of mine says i should try looking into an electric turbo instead.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where i can get information on this? even better, where i can get it.
Help!
:confused:

thanx!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cars here are RHD... thanks for bringing it to my attention that there are issues with installation on RHD cars.. i was not aware of it.
Back to the drawing board...
Have heard of electric superchargers for the old vdubs but not for new beetle so can't help you with where to get them.

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Keimax4h said:
I'm sorry, this is probably not much help but it does get up and go, no doubt about that. I think he said it increased the HP to around 150, does that sound right?
Quoted from Neuspeeds website:

"Stock HP is approximately 90-92HP at the front wheels. With the supercharger kit alone, HP jumps to approximately 135HP at 6200 rpm at the front wheels."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts