NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today my timing belt went and grenaded my lovely 1.8T:( . So now I have three options, a new 1.8, swap a VR6 into it, or just give up and get another car. I really don't like the third option cause this little bug and I have been through a lot. On top of just a 1.8 it has a turbo back exhaust, custom ram air intake, GAIC stage one chip, and an ECS stage one clutch. Just asking for some advice on my next move. The wife came up with the third option so not going that route.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
4th option??

Pull the head and hope for the best, if you only need to deal with the head, likely cheaper, easier and quicker??

Look around and see if you can find a reworked head online or on ebay and get an idea of how much this will cost you.

If you lost coolant(broken water jacket) then this is not good, if the coolant is still full, hopefully you lucked out?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have decided to just replace the whole top end because swaps got IE Street/Strip cams on the way and all my valves and parts associated with them have already showed up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts