NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BRAND NEW MOTOR NEVER HAD OIL IN IT, JUST ASSEMBLY LUBE. IT IS A 1914CC WITH 8.O TO 1 COMPRESSION AND IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE 110 HP TO THE WHEELS.
CONTENTS OF THE MOTOR ARE THIS:
ENGLE 110 CAM,
DUAL 40 REBUILT SOLEX/KADRON CARBS,
NEW 041 HEADS,
1 PIECE CHROMOLY ROCKER ASSEMBLY,
NEW FORGED C/W CRANK,
NEW BALANCED CONNECTING RODS,
NEW CLUTCH AND H/D KENNEDY PRESSURE PLATE,
NEW OIL COOLER,
THE CASE AS WELL, HAS BEEN FULL FLOWED.
ENGINE HAS BEEN FULLY BALANCED RIGHT DOWN TO THE PRESSURE PLATE FOR MAX LONGEVEITY, ,ALL NEW, NO EXPENSE SPARED. BUILT BY TOM AT TOTAL PERFORMANCE BUGGIES IN TAMPA FLORIDA.
THERE IS OVER $4000.00 INTO THIS MOTOR.

THE TINS IN THE PICS ARE NOT FOR SALE AT THIS TIME.
THANKS FOR LOOKING,
KRIS
My number is 1-813-235-3297

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a type 1 motor.
I'm not sure if they are solid or hyd.
I can check and get back to you,,,, I'm thinking they are hyd. though.
The price is $2500.00 + shipping.

Attachments

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
I suspect it has solid lifters.

Do you know how many miles were on the case before it was rebuilt?

Or is it a brand new case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car that came with it has 98,000 on the speedo but the motor was out of the car on a stand when i got there to purchase it.
See i bought this 71 super vert as a project car and is all dissassembled. It was like that when i picked it up from the guys house.
Do they put numbers on the block to cross referance with the vin number on the car to see if it is in fact the one that came with the car from the factory?

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
I don't know that VW has ever listed the serial number of the case installed in a car.

Not that it really matters with VW engines, as the cases weren't really designed to last the life of the car anyway. It was designed to be easily replaced whenever necessary. The main thing is the milage on the case itself, whether it is rebuilt or new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess i can't answer you as far as the milage on the case goes.
The previous owner was supposed to be moving and i don't think i can get that info now.
The case looks like it's new but i can't garrenty that as fact.
It could have been just cleaned real well.
I can say this though,,, The guy told me everything was new with this motor " no expense spared "
And also that he said he had over $4000.00 into it. I don't know if that amount warrents a new case or not but everything else the guy told me was the truth, so i have no reason to doubt him with this.
I don't live to far from the builder,,, Maybe i can go see him and have him look up the previous owners name and get the exact parts list of everything that went into it.
But is all this research really nessassery?
It's a brand new 1914 for $2500.00 with duel carbs.
Just the long block is $3800.00.
If your a buyer then i'll do the extra footwork to retreive the info you asked for.
Thanks,
Kris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts