NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Enginerd
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined up because I recently "inherited" a 2000 GLS NB with about 71k miles from my sister. It was in an accident about a year ago (front end-totaled) and we had it rebuilt. As you can guess, it was never the same. I was rear ended about a month ago in my own car(another totaled car in the family) and that's how I came to drive the beetle.

From browsing the board it seems like my problems are typical and fixable, so we'll see how it all plays out this weekend when I go to fix them(loose hatch, mis-aimed headlight, check engine light on). :rolleyes:

Kristen

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
So sorry to hear of your familys misfortune! :(

Has the NB been repaired? Or are you in the process? I'm guessing that your sister came out of it OK, right? :confused:

At any rate, I want to Welcome you the Org! :wave3: And wish you good luck with your new-to-you New Beetle! :party:

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
hehehe, the little bit of info you gave really makes your screen name funny...

Well, these are quirky cars to begin with, but a ton of fun to drive and own.

Have fun with it, take care of it and it will last for as long as you want it..

Good luck with the tweeking, and I hope it solves these little issues.

Welcome aboard, it's a great site with many wonderful people on it..

TechnoTrix'd...:wave3:

·
Enginerd
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tabernacle is in Burlington County. It's about 50 minutes from Philly and 25 or so from Cherry Hill. For some reason, everyone knows where Cherry Hill is...lol.

The car has been repaired, but obviously not very well. It's gone back to the same shop two times for various problems and it's just proving to be a pain in the neck. I'd just rather take care of it myself. My sis came out of the crash ok, just a few bumps and bruising while I'm still nursing the wounds from my own accident. I got rear ended in my little 2000 Ford ZX2 by a huge Chevy truck at a red light :mad: The jerk killed my baby...but I'm trying to make this one mine:)

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts