NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is some of the differences of the V-checker and the Vagcom? Is vag com some generic term? I'm looking for something that will read codes and reset the lights. Example, I had the car scanned at the dealer, result said left seat belt. Will the V-checher do that? And reset the light?
I did a search, info seems incomplete on subject. Like, yeah I bought a V-Checker, then some responce like, well I got the vagcom from ebay for $12.00 bucks. OK, well the cable just connects the laptop to the car, right? Doesn't it have to have Vagcomm software? Where does it come? Free, Shareware, Have to buy for some seller? How much? What does that do for you?
You get the idea by now! What can each device do on it's own? Which is more economical?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Have you explored the Ross-Tech and Bentley Publishing sites?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, eBahn, now I'm even more lost. Are you talking about air 2 different things, repair manuals and scan software?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
OK, eBahn, now I'm even more lost. Are you talking about air 2 different things, repair manuals and scan software?
If you go to the Bentley site, you will find, among many other items:

the paper "New Beetle Bentley Service Manual" which is geared to the Consumer DIYer
VW - Volkswagen New Beetle Service Manual: 1998-2010 *-* Bentley Publishers - Repair Manuals and Automotive Books

the DVD-ROM "New Beetle Bentley Repair Manual" which is designed more for the VW trained service tech.
Volkswagen New Beetle: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 including Convertible Repair Manual on DVD-ROM *-* Bentley Publishers - Repair Manuals and Automotive Books

the "eBahn License"
eBahn License for Volkswagen New Beetle 1998-2009 *-* Bentley Publishers - Repair Manuals and Automotive Books

Each is explained in detail.

Read and learn more about VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) products and pricing on the Ross-Tech site, here -
Ross-Tech Store: VCDS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts