NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts
Nice work, looks great! Got any pics of the work in progress or how you mounted them? Any output shots of the cutoff?

Sent from my DROID2

·
TDI Driver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice work, looks great! Got any pics of the work in progress or how you mounted them? Any output shots of the cutoff?

Sent from my DROID2
Hey, thanks! Got a bit of tweaking left - I'm off a degree or so rotationally on the left projector.

Plan on writing a complete how-to in the next few weeks, along with a separate how-to for making the bracket/mounting plate. I'm just trying to finalize the design of the mounting plate to make it a quick and painless retrofit.

Once you've made your mounting plates, it should only take a couple of hours to retrofit both headlights!
Plus, your stock headlight adjusters still work and is what you'll use to adjust the bi-xenons.
And the best part is you don't have to cut anything up, so you can put your headlights back to stock if you like!

Already have a bunch of pics in my gallery & more to come!
http://newbeetle.org/forums/members/34408-schwarze-kaefer-albums728-bixenon-retrofit.html

·
TDI Driver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woah thats awesome. how much were they?
I've got about $200 in them, but it'll really depend on what ballasts & bulbs you use.

You do know that these are a home-spun retrofit, don't you? I'm working on getting a how-to together, and possibly a "kit" sometime down the line, for those that don't want to fab their own mounting plates.

·
TDI Driver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the delay. Just started an FX-R Bi-xenon retrofit for the bug. Should be even better than the Mini H1s, for about the same money.

Here's my Youtube channel showing the Mini H1s in action:
schwarzeKafer's Channel - YouTube

Will try & keep everyone updated. Should be about 7-10 days before I have the FX-Rs up and running.

·
TDI Driver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Very very good job you did.
Keep us posted I may be well interested.
Again good job!
Thanks! The Minis are working very well! I've just started an FX-R retrofit as they should work even better and give the option to run 55watt ballasts, if desired. Should have results of the FX-Rs in about 10 days.

I plan on doing comparison videos of the Mini H1 vs. FX-R. I'll do the FX-R videos @ 35watts & 55watts. The Mini H1 video will only be @ 35watts as that is all it can handle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts