NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
College Student..WOOT!
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I am the only one who got bored and called for one of these....but they are actually pretty sweet. I got bored at the office and called. All you have to do is have your VIN number ready and call their 800 number. I thought it was too cute :D

Heres the link to the article where I found out about it

http://www.newbug.org/faq/nb-faq-gen.html#birth

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Unfortunately, that's only in America I guess... :(

·
College Student..WOOT!
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is free to get the certificate. Also it doesn't matter if you were the first owner, they will still send it to you. I got Turbie used and he's a 2001. The lady I talked to at VWoA was so nice and was excited that she got to do one. If I get a chance tonight I will scan mine so you guys can see what it looks like.

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
I'd love to have one too, does anyone know if this is also for European Beetles ?

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
BeetleJuice said:
I'd love to have one too, does anyone know if this is also for European Beetles ?
Been there, done that, no can do :(

I've called VW USA, they gave me the number of VW Germany. I called them and they'd called me back with the info that that's an American thing and that in Europe they only make birthcertificates for cars older than 20 or 25 years old.

So boohoohoo for us Europeans

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
And what if an American called and gave the number ?

It could as well be an imported model, so could be, not?

·
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!
2,063 Posts
Justin, you could try it but when I called, the lady asked for the vin and it was linked to my name and address in their database. Who knows, it might be worth a shot. Oh yeah, guess the b-day of Black makes him a 2001.5!;)

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
The Cheat said:
Hey Int'l guys...I'm willing to try it for you guys if you want. :)
Got my PM ?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I called on Friday. I was thrown for a momentary curve when the rep asked me, "Are you a single parent?" WT..? Oh yeah! :lol:

-Des

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts