VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beetle Cabrio Driver
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey newbeetle.org folks,

I picked up a 2010 black CPO New Beetle Cabrio back in April 2015. My first car was a 1981 VW Sirocco. I had a VW Cabrio for a few years as a second car - was supposed to just be a fun summer car but I drove it any chance I could. Here's a pic

Fun car but I'm not very handy with repairs and that car needed a lot of attention the last year I had it. Found this Beetle Cabrio but wasn't sure it would be as fun. I was wrong. It's funny how different these two Cabrios are.

So far, 5 returns to the dealer for covered repairs but mostly minor adjustments that were easily fixed. Except the door check snapping less than a month after I got the car. Longest trip in the car so far has been to Pittsburgh PA - nealy 800 miles in one day

Driven nicely the car gives very good gas mileage. Get on it and lucky if I get 21MPG. Just passed 24k miles.

Found a fun key-chain through VW Gear

The car gets a lot of attention. Lots of smiles and waves. I drive to NYC everyday, cutting through town I often get thumbs up or "hey man that's a sharp convertible"

So today, I went to check the oil, noticed two clips were missing that hold the insulation pad over the engine. I moved some from the side to keep the pad from sagging in the center but they aren't holding well - any tips on something better to secure that pad?

Really happy to have found this site. Hope you are all enjoying your Beetles this weekend - thanks.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Any pics of your Beetle? Welcome to the site! :)

As far as the insulation retaining clips go; you might check online or your local dealer and see if they sell them individually. Unfortunately, it seems; anything plastic in the engine compartment, tends to get really brittle and tends to break, because of the heat of the engine.

http://parts.vw.com/parts/index.cfm?siteid=9

Some people; have removed the stock insulation and put on some adhesive backed sound proofing material, although it tends to not look as good as the stock material.

·
Beetle Cabrio Driver
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any pics of your Beetle? Welcome to the site! :)

Thanks Billymade, here are two pics of the Beetle

As far as the insulation retaining clips go; you might check online or your local dealer and see if they sell them individually. Unfortunately, it seems; anything plastic in the engine compartment, tends to get really brittle and tends to break, because of the heat of the engine.

Volkswagen National eStore

Some people; have removed the stock insulation and put on some adhesive backed sound proofing material, although it tends to not look as good as the stock material.
Thanks for the link will see if individual clips are for sale. zip ties would prob look even less stock than adhesive backed material :)

·
Beetle Cabrio Driver
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I hate to burst your bubble, but that's not a beetle. It's a Cabrio. know I had one and loved it. I believe it is built from the Golf.
Ha! Nice Cabrio fred3rd. I bought my green Cabrio 4-5 years ago as a fun summer car. Traded it for the Beetle Cabrio in April.

Here is a couple more shots

·
1999 GLS 2.0 m/t
189 Posts
:confused: I don't understand why New Beetle Convertible owners call them a Cabrio. Does VW put the cabrio emblem on them also? :confused:

·
Beetle Cabrio Driver
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:confused: I don't understand why New Beetle Convertible owners call them a Cabrio. Does VW put the cabrio emblem on them also? :confused:
I haven't seen any special Cabrio emblems on my car but by definition a cabriolet is a car with a roof that folds down. I found a key chain through VW gear and it stuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts