NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of these instock, The company name is USASPEC.
USASPEC makes factory replacements for most vehicles.

This changer will plug directly into the plug in your trunk and work just like a a VW factory changer.
260.oo plus shipping.

I can order these for any one aswell.

MSA

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Do you have any that go into the armrest? The VW one is a little much!!

Thanks.
Cori

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
post here, please

Please post it here, when you find the answer. I'm sure many of us would like to know about the armrest model.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
ebay item #8019882467 if its sold when u look im me back i have more

1beetle pm'ed me with the above item number. Quite a bit less than what VW is selling them for. I might get one after I pay off my credit card a little more.

Cori

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
MotorsportsAuthority said:
I will check to see if USAspec is making those yet..
I doubt they ever will. There's only a small market... what with VW going back to the trunk mounted changers in the '06, that's only 2 or 3 model years of NB that would ever use a console-mounted changer. Most likely not worth the trouble for USASpec.

Besides... you can pretty easily hook up a trunk-mounted changer, even if your connector is in the center console. Or, better yet, forego CD's entirely and go with a PhatBox or portable MP3 player; more tunes, in a smaller space, with much less hassle.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Steinola said:
I doubt they ever will. There's only a small market... what with VW going back to the trunk mounted changers in the '06, that's only 2 or 3 model years of NB that would ever use a console-mounted changer. Most likely not worth the trouble for USASpec.

Besides... you can pretty easily hook up a trunk-mounted changer, even if your connector is in the center console. Or, better yet, forego CD's entirely and go with a PhatBox or portable MP3 player; more tunes, in a smaller space, with much less hassle.

How does one go about hooking one up in the trunk if it is the center console type? I have a 2003, and got a trunk cd changer with no harness in the trunk area. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
186 Posts
if there is not a harness in the left bottom corner of the trunk under that little piece of plastic then u need to check the armrest cause the harness is some were and if the 03 is a convertible than its in the armrest

·
Registered
186 Posts
slugo said:
How does one go about hooking one up in the trunk if it is the center console type? I have a 2003, and got a trunk cd changer with no harness in the trunk area. Any help would be great.

if there is not a harness in the left bottom corner of the trunk under that little piece of plastic then u need to check the armrest cause the harness is some were and if the 03 is a convertible than its in the armrest

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Yea, thanks. I found the harness in the console, what I'm after is finding a way to mount the cd changer in the truck with using the harness from the console.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts