VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Been there, done that.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding the convertible roofs on our vehicles. Since Webasto provided the convertible roof components to VW, do you think they (Webasto) can provide or make a convertible roof boot cover as a replacement in the original colors? (i.e. red, white, black, grey and beige or any other color)

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Looking at their website; they seem to primarily work as a oem to provide parts and solutions like convertible tops to VW, other brands of cars. They do sell sunroofs to the public but the convertible tops; are typically proprietary to the manufacturers of the vehicle. You could contact them and see what they have to say: customer hotline 800-860-7866

Let us know; how they respond, so others can learn from your experience.

Are there aftermarket companies or a local upholstery shop; that could make one for you?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I see these all the time on Craigslist and Ebay ranging in price from $20 to $1200! I suspect if you wanted a custom color, you could find a beige one and spray it with a vinyl paint (SEM). Probably a lot cheaper than getting an OEM one from the manufacturer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts