NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I had to join this forum because after looking through the site you guys really seem to know your stuff!I actually own a 2003 regal gs and belong to their forum which is set up like the beetle forum and I have found it to be very usefull in finding answers to most issues I have had.I have just bought a 1999 beetle turbo for my daughter because she had to have one and just turned 16 and even better its a 5 speed and she is learning how to drive with a clutch!I just hope the clutch outlasts the learning curve!LOL!!
So , let this new journey for me and my daughter begin in a VW bug!

Thanks
Andrew p
seattle wa:)

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
The VW 5-speed, in my opinion, is the easiest manual to drive. She'll be a pro in no time. :)

Good job, Dad! The New Beetle is very hightly safety rated, and not only that, but the most fun car on the road!! Maybe she will even let YOU drive it! :lol:

Welcome to the Org, from a PNW Neighbor!! :party:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome dude, to the New Beetle .org! Now, about that clutch. My car has a hundred and seventy thousand original miles on its clutch. Two different young girls have learned to drive on it, and God only knows what the original owner did to it for the first 60 thousand miles of its life. As far as I can tell it's still has at least a couple years of life left in it. Keep in mind this car has been in service since September of 1998. Just try to keep the revs under about 2500 when coming off the clutch. :pop

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee Andrew!
You made a great choice in getting her a manual tranny ;).

Let's see YOUR new beetle pix ...we LUV PIX here on the org :rolleyes:

Glad you found us!

Sandi

·
My other VW is a VW
141 Posts
Welcome and congrats to your daughter!
Everyone thought when I bought my 04 Beetle it was for my daughter. Sorry but this one is for me :)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts