1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Probably MIA
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
not very impressive, but does this mean they are ending the current run of nbs or are they upddating the platform to a next gen platform

·
Registered
142 Posts
not very impressive, but does this mean they are ending the current run of nbs or are they upddating the platform to a next gen platform
"HERNDON, VA., December 2, 2009 – Volkswagen of America, Inc. today announced the 2010 New Beetle and New Beetle convertible “Final” Editions, which will mark the last of Volkswagen’s current generation of the iconic models."

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
The New Beetle did it's job for VW. They brought it back, only to get people back into the showrooms.

Now that they are very successful, time to discard it. Shame on VW.

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
"HERNDON, VA., December 2, 2009 – Volkswagen of America, Inc. today announced the 2010 New Beetle and New Beetle convertible “Final” Editions, which will mark the last of Volkswagen’s current generation of the iconic models."
The New Beetle did it's job for VW. They brought it back, only to get people back into the showrooms.

Now that they are very successful, time to discard it. Shame on VW.
Deb, I don't think they are killing it, just updating it.

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
boring! How many people actually do that to their cars anyway!?!

Do they only come two toned or black roof in the blue color?

I hope it's not the end for the New Beetle. I'm thinking a restyled body is in order.

And my "final edition" new beetle idea would be something more along the lines of a Color Concept. Not just two toned exterior....why not jazz the interior as well? If you're already going to do something that a lot of people do to the car anyway, why not paint the dash peices like most of us do too? Get rid of the rubber crap and just paint it. I would buy a "final edition" if they did that.

Agreed....is very meh...and maybe even less. Nothing to spectacular.

·
dreamin' of a bug ♪
529 Posts
The colors in the last couple of years have gotten incredibly dull. What happened to the bright, stand-out look??

·
2,842 Posts
The colors in the last couple of years have gotten incredibly dull. What happened to the bright, stand-out look??
That's a good point. They've introduced a lot of pastel colors as opposed to the "in your face" bright colors of yore... like the color concepts.

·
I love my Butterkup baby!
489 Posts
if this is really the last new beetle made.. i will cry. that's all i'm saying.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
To quote someone on the 'Tex, VW you stink at two tone. I still think us orgers could style a nB that the masses would love. We've got this sad two-tone and another recent thread introduced us to the black/orange orange/black "special editions". VW is really out of touch with styling as far as new beetles are concerned. And yeah, what in the balzes happened to all the hip bright colors? I don't get it. Still the nB is around for another year, so I guess it can't be that bad huh?

·
2,842 Posts
Still the nB is around for another year...
if this is really the last new beetle made.. i will cry
I hope it's not the end for the New Beetle...
People, it's not the end of the Beetle, just the end of the Mk4 "New Beetle." Honestly, the newest New Beetles suck in comparison to cars offered by other manufacturers (with the exception of the "uniqueness" or "cuteness" factor). The chassis is 12 years and 2 revisions old. It is the last car sold in the US still on the Mk4 chassis, while everything else is on Mk6.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
People, it's not the end of the Beetle, just the end of the Mk4 "New Beetle." Honestly, the newest New Beetles suck in comparison to cars offered by other manufacturers (with the exception of the "uniqueness" or "cuteness" factor). The chassis is 12 years and 2 revisions old. It is the last car sold in the US still on the Mk4 chassis, while everything else is on Mk6.
This I know. I thought I made it known in my post. I know the new beetle will around. Of course we can't live in a dream sequence.... a new, new beetle will come.

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
To quote someone on the 'Tex, VW you stink at two tone......
If this final edition is typical of VW's two tone styling, then I wholeheartedly agree! This two-tone just leaves me completely nonplussed. :confused:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I posted this in another thread, but will add it here too. The reason VW picked that color is because back in 2003 the last "final edition" air cooled beetle was the light blue. It just happened to be the last one made.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 167 Posts