NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our daughter shunned my 2011 Jeep JKU as her first car as she wanted something smaller, so back in September we found a 2006 Beetle convertible with under 100k miles on it and picked it up. Had a few issues, primarily the airbag light was on, but I've fixed that by replacing the seatbelt buckles, and used the VAGCOM to clear the codes. Seems all good now.

Just got the new shifter in so I can fix the issue w/ the broken "slider" thing and the dash display of the shift indicator being jacked. Have that installed and about to reinstall the center console.

Looking forward to being part of the community.

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
Good choice with the New Beetle! They have very good crash ratings, are fun to drive, and a very unique car!

Welcome to the Org!

·
Registered
2 Posts
702CABF4-F1EA-4C82-841A-063711591D00.jpeg

I did the same for my daughter on 17th this year. My niece sold me her 2008 beetle 5sp s and after some sweat equity daughter drives a safe car to learn more road mechanics and driver skills (& I get my TDI Jetta wagon back)

Life is too short to not smile while driving!

·
Registered
871 Posts
My youngest bought a Jeep TJ as her first vehicle. While it was fun she had to gas it up about every three days. She drove 20 miles one way to work at that point. She decided she wanted something with better mileage so she sold the Jeep and bought a 2001 Beetle tdi 5 speed. Now she has a new job, drives further and fills up twice a month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts