VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my baby girl is all but grown and it was time for a car. She turns 16 next week and for her there was only two options:Beetle or Mini.
She loved the Beetle so that's what we got her this weekend.
Ran a carfax and no issues were shown(Not the most reliable info but at least a starting point)
Went over the car thoroughly and it will need new tires and front brakes now. Will do an oil change here this weekend.
The car is a 2000 red over ivory. 5 Speed with 110,000 miles. Car starts and runs strong and I would give it a 8.5/10for the exterior. Maybe a 7/10 on the interior. The dash was a sticky mess as were the handles but thanks to this forum and a bit of rubbing alcohol and a scotch brite pad that is now fixed.
Already ordered a new hood ornament and arm rest.

Couple of questions from a newbie:
Any routine maintenance that should be done around the 100,000 mile mark. I would assume belt, hoses, Water pump. Anything else?

The perforated leather seats are marginal. The could use a replacement. Are there any replacements available or is it a reupholster visit? Any really good seat cover options out there?

Any tips on front brake replacements for the NB?

Thanks and look forward to spending some time with this community
Caesar

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Timing belt ASAP if no record of it being done.
Brakes look at Powerstop brake kits for the New Beetle.
We want pics, lots of them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts