NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had a meeting 2 weeks ago and lo and behold one of aour friends sold the Bug and bought a NEW BEETLE GP version (the mexican high price version)

the GP supercedes the 1.8 Turbo it just comes in 2 versions Auto or Manual the cost is 224L pesos (around 21 500 USD$) but Luis bought it at 203K pesos a savings of 1700USD$!!!

Not bad!

it has 2.5 liter 20V engine, manual tranny, Mp3 radio Monsoon, all powered, fog lights, leather sport seats with heaters (go figure?), sunroof, 17 inch wheels......all in all it looks very cool...

Is thsio versionavailiable in the US? (with the wheels etc?)

Attachments

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics:

engine bay
back
seats (notice all black interiors)
Dash...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Are those seats gray? :eek: It seems they should be black. If they are gray, better lock her up every night..... :D

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Don't get that particular version. All of the options (except for the sport seats) we can get here. But the console (with the Jumbo Box and swivel cupholders) has been phased out (2005MY was last year for it). All-black comes standard on black interiors.

-Des

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Oh dear! They installed the steering wheel upside-down!

Nice looking ride. Yet I find it interesting that, though they have the name of "GP" on this model, the trunk lid still only says "Sport." I guess I'd hope for more non-standard options available. Like an RSi dual spoiler.

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
In the US, Volkswagen has phased out trim levels for different option packages, so we don't get anything like GL/GLS, or Trendline/Highlne/Sportline. The higher-packaged 2006 New Beetles come with rims like those, though.

Funny how you guys still get the cupholders, but the US-bound Beetles get a storage bin instead.

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
150 Horses, inline 5..

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
It is also missing the speakers on the top of the dash. Do the '06 have these. I've not noticed this on other pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts