NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tampa Bay Punch Buggys

Dear Tampa/Central Florida New beetle owners.

My name is Jessica and I am trying to start a New Beetle group in Tampa. We will meet bi-weekly at the USF Car Meets on every second Friday starting september 16th, 2011 at 8:00 PM. If you're interested send me a PM.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Dear Tampa/Central Florida New beetle owners.

My name is Jessica and I am trying to start a New Beetle group in Tampa. We will meet bi-weekly at the USF Car Meets on every second Friday starting september 16th, 2011 at 8:00 PM. If you're interested send me a PM.
Hi Jessica:wave2:

Good seeing another Floridian joining the org family:)

Love your passion and desire to get something cooking in the Tampa area. I would also suggest to openly post any organizing info here in the forums; especially that you're a newcomer to the org. It's good to develop a re pore with your fellow beetle owners/orgers.

We have a lot of central FL new beetle owners, who are org members. I'm sure some of them, along with new orgers to come would make your Tampa group big, if they find open information here on the org.

Glad to have you here- don't be a stranger:wave2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jessica:wave2:

Good seeing another Floridian joining the org family:)

Love your passion and desire to get something cooking in the Tampa area. I would also suggest to openly post any organizing info here in the forums; especially that you're a newcomer to the org. It's good to develop a re pore with your fellow beetle owners/orgers.

We have a lot of central FL new beetle owners, who are org members. I'm sure some of them, along with new orgers to come would make your Tampa group big, if they find open information here on the org.

Glad to have you here- don't be a stranger:wave2:
Thanks for the quick reply.

My friend and I have been going to the USF car meet to be the only beetles there everytime. Feels lonely out there. However, I see tons and tons of beetles around the area and its time that we get together. Our car is very underated, and I'd like to see it have a little bit of more love shown towards it. We have strength in numbers.

My friend and I are going to start a group we are unsure about the name of the group yet, because our idea is in the early stages. Here is the info so far:

Name of group: (in the works)

Official meet/s: So far USF car meets - (every other friday starting in september 16th). Possibly the monthly Gulf Coast Euros meet in the Best buy in Dale Mabry. (first saturday of the month.)

Membership requirement: Reserved for VW Beetles only. (Old, and new)

Me and my friend both own a New Beetle GLS 1.8T

Thats good for the information.I will post a meeting spot and time for anyone that is interested for Friday's meet. Depending on interest I'll also make a facebook page.

Again thanks for the reply, seriously let's get something going.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.

My friend and I have been going to the USF car meet to be the only beetles there everytime. Feels lonely out there. However, I see tons and tons of beetles around the area and its time that we get together. Our car is very underated, and I'd like to see it have a little bit of more love shown towards it. We have strength in numbers.

My friend and I are going to start a group we are unsure about the name of the group yet, because our idea is in the early stages. Here is the info so far:

Name of group: (in the works)

Official meet/s: So far USF car meets - (every other friday starting in september 16th). Possibly the monthly Gulf Coast Euros meet in the Best buy in Dale Mabry. (first saturday of the month.)

Membership requirement: Reserved for VW Beetles only. (Old, and new)

Me and my friend both own a New Beetle GLS 1.8T

Thats good for the information.I will post a meeting spot and time for anyone that is interested for Friday's meet. Depending on interest I'll also make a facebook page.

Again thanks for the reply, seriously let's get something going.
Jessica, you are a bugophile for sure! AND you're definately an orger- you have got to keep posting here. You comments about our bugs are echoed by mostly all of us here! This is a great place for planning as well as expressing our beetle passion.

Although me and my wife live here in Jacksonville, we love to travel to hang with our beetle peeps, especially down your way- I was raised in central FL area (Brooksville:D), and try to get down there as often as I can. Not only my wife and I, but several other nB owners here in Jax, love to travel. So keep posting and planning and hopefully you'll see a lot of us Duval Dubs joining you and your friend. BTW, get your friend to join the org too. Like you said, there's strength in numbers:)

BTW, don't know what you and your friend are doing this weekend, but we're having a GtG in St. Augustine this weekend. We have a few from Orlando coming up to join us. We'd love to have you and your beetle bud join us! Here' s the link to the thread CLICK HERE

At any rate, I hope to see you frequent the org. We need passionate beetle lovers such as yourself:)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Wow...

Like you Al I love the effort & passion! I will befriend here on the ORG. and offer my info with a PM in a hope to do all I can to meet up when I get there tomorrow. I know the groups and meets she mentioned & a few more she didn't, but it would take my relocation to get the Bugs out of Tampa's woodwork...

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Tampa Infestation?

There are Bugs in Tampa?
Hmmmmmm I smell a Road trip coming on. Maybe a stop in Orlando to load up on supplies and then a weekend by the bay.
Sounds like a good time to me.
Chuckie..........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jessica, you are a bugophile for sure! AND you're definately an orger- you have got to keep posting here. You comments about our bugs are echoed by mostly all of us here! This is a great place for planning as well as expressing our beetle passion.

Although me and my wife live here in Jacksonville, we love to travel to hang with our beetle peeps, especially down your way- I was raised in central FL area (Brooksville:D), and try to get down there as often as I can. Not only my wife and I, but several other nB owners here in Jax, love to travel. So keep posting and planning and hopefully you'll see a lot of us Duval Dubs joining you and your friend. BTW, get your friend to join the org too. Like you said, there's strength in numbers:)

BTW, don't know what you and your friend are doing this weekend, but we're having a GtG in St. Augustine this weekend. We have a few from Orlando coming up to join us. We'd love to have you and your beetle bud join us! Here' s the link to the thread CLICK HERE

At any rate, I hope to see you frequent the org. We need passionate beetle lovers such as yourself:)
We would love to make it up there, don't get me wrong. However, i do work a hectic schedule and its a bit last minute for me. I will notify my friend though. I appreciate the invite. Count me in with enough notice, within the Central Florida Area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right??? You relocate, and everybody starts to come out of hiding:dunno:

Still it's good seeing the Bay Area Bugs show up:bigthumb:

Hmm, that would be a good name... Bay Area Bugs; better yet, Bayside Bugs:cool:
I like the Bay Area Beetles, and Bayside bugs(very creative).

Would you mind if i use them?

We were thinking on "SSB". "Sunshine State Beetles" (To not just limit the Bay Area.)

Or simply "Team Beetles"

Depending on how many bugs we get and round up I'll post a poll and decide from that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just posted an official meet thread.
Just wanted to share some photos of our last meets.
(remember it is always me and my friend, seriously, its time to get more beetles to this.)

I'm the happy bug on the left.

Just our bugs.

Just a photo of me and my bugsy at the meet(sorry pic is a bit blurry).

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
There are Bugs in Tampa?
Hmmmmmm I smell a Road trip coming on. Maybe a stop in Orlando to load up on supplies and then a weekend by the bay.
Sounds like a good time to me.
Chuckie..........
Say the word Chuckie... Might have to join ya. I'm sure Jason would roll with us too!

I like the Bay Area Beetles, and Bayside bugs(very creative).

Would you mind if i use them?

We were thinking on "SSB". "Sunshine State Beetles" (To not just limit the Bay Area.)

Or simply "Team Beetles"

Depending on how many bugs we get and round up I'll post a poll and decide from that.
Don't mind at all- the names are yours to use:wink:
Sunshine State Beetles works too. Ya know if it SSB blows up, you can have divisions of SSB- Example: Tampa would be SSB/Bayside Beetles, and so on, according to county/area. But this is your brain child, so I'll leave it in your capable hands:D. Count me in though:bigthumb:

So glad seeing you here a lot. We need more beetle nuts to keep posting:banana:

Yeah, I know I gave you last minute notice for the St. Auggie GtG...my bad:eek:. BUT there's the mack daddy of beetle GtG's in May. The 4th annual Tail Of The Dragon GtG Cruise/weekend (ToD). It would be too cool to have SSB represent. you can CLICK HERE for the ToD thread.

Thanks for bringing new life to the Bay area beetle scene:goodjob:

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Oh Yeah.........

Nothing rocks the world like Silver New Beetles! Der Stuka is going to love hanging out with a couple more Silver ones! We can talk about it this weekend Al.

Chuckie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I may be able to do the 20th.

I wont be in the country during that week and i get back in the 19th from my Honeymoon.

I heard about FixxFest, and I'll try my hardest to at least make the cruise. Thanks for the friendly reminder.

Any takers for friday? Sorry about the late replies but i work all day.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
I'm out for Friday due to the St. Augustine GtG.... sorry:(

And a big congrats to you on your upcoming wedding. A life of happiness to you and your hubby-to-be:D

FixxFest is a big GtG for sure- i'm considering it, however bug jam is on the 13th and I've been wanting to go to that for a good while.

I would suggest doing a beetle GtG. Only reason, is to get a good nucleus of bay area beetles... a core group, if you will. That way, you'll have a good base to grow the Tampa area beetle owners, as well as a good crew to attend bigger multi-VW brand GtG's.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Split!!!

I am more than willing to help you guys out anyway I can. I have alot of good people at all the of the Tampa meets, as well as a handful of VW(BUG) mechanics that are always on deck to lend a hand. As far as the GTG are concerned, as Al said, get the core group & roll from there! I never was able to get it going. I hit the same meets you have including Tampa Racing up New Tampa on BBD at the Publix lot across from Wire Grass, on Wed. nites bout 9 till. Sounds like you and your girl are full of positive enthusiasm and I think once you get to meetup with the rest of your Beetle fam its gonna be a wrap. The TOD is incredible! If you goto the thread, chk out the pics they still don't say enuf. Hope to meet you guys soon. I will be back to Tampa on Mon. Hit me up & maybe we can all try again to meet... Headed to St. Aggie's meet later, maybe next time for you guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Tampa Bay Punch Buggys

It's Official! :)
My group has an official name: "Tampa Bay Punch Buggy s."

We had our first meet Saturday night. We met up at the parking lot of the Muvico In New Tampa. We had a showing of just three 1.8T Beetles(and we have 2 prospects). (Everyone starts out small at first.) After meeting everyone, we all went for dinner at Chilli's where we had some good laughs, and we brainstormed and decided the name of our group.
We are planning our second get together at the USF Car Meets this Friday September 30th, 2011 @ 8:00PM.

This group is open to all VW Beetles, old and New. (yes even the 2012's). If you're interested in joining, you can find us on facebook: Tampa Bay Punch Buggys | Facebook

With enough members, we are planning to start a mini-forum.

any questions, ideas, concerns are always appreciated.

P.S I will add photos of our first meet later. (My husband takes horrible pictures >_< )

·
The Leo Bug
34 Posts
I am a part of the Tampa Bay Punch Buggys. We would love to see more bugs with us at the USF car meets! We made a facebook page as well. :) There is a meet at USF this coming friday, October 14th.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts