·
First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Ask ur local install shop if they can recommend someone who will try this. I did it and had a friend cover the console. This link I found after I did mine seems like a simple way to explain whats done. VW Beetle: Double DIN Conversion – SRQ Custom Autosound
Great minds. :lol:
I'm hoping to have my double DIN project soon. Got most of the parts together. Right now the priority is.finishing up my 5-speed swap. Really looking forward to this project.

·
First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I decided I'm going to do an ipad mini install.

Doing it (along with other mods) as soon as I get home from the mines up north.

Thanks for the links!

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
I can dig it Connelly:cool: Can't wait to see what you're cooking up:D

I've seen TightDub's set up. Dude's got some mad skills.

By the way, Here's another link for ya concerning double DIN mods on a nB. Been talking to the dude who posted the DIY. I'd be happy to share our PM conversation with you if you need any extra assistance.
Anyhoo, here's the link I mentioned:
CLICK HERE Double DIN-AVIC-Z110 in a New Beetle

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
I do like the link that TightDub provided as well AND I prefer that mock-up better. Putting the unit's faceplate/frame in the new spot seems to give you a more true mock-up. As for me, I'll be using that mock-up, but using the mod/gluing method of the link I provided. I want to incorporate some switches in the new dash, and I don't think the bondo would fair as well as plain ABS for drilling and fitting the switches.

Have fun mang.

·
First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do like the link that TightDub provided as well AND I prefer that mock-up better. Putting the unit's faceplate/frame in the new spot seems to give you a more true mock-up. As for me, I'll be using that mock-up, but using the mod/gluing method of the link I provided. I want to incorporate some switches in the new dash, and I don't think the bondo would fair as well as plain ABS for drilling and fitting the switches.

Have fun mang.
I like the idea of moving the buttons but I have the GLX model so I feel like it would look cluttered with all the buttons on the front dash somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
I like the idea of moving the buttons but I have the GLX model so I feel like it would look cluttered with all the buttons on the front dash somewhere.
I'm with you on the buttons. I'm leaving the buttons on the bottom as well. I'm placing some round buttons on the side. I'm not too keen on the rectangle buttons on the side. It's done well, but looks too clunky to me.

·
Dumpkin
354 Posts
Thanx for the comp Al. FYI: My buttons are all still mounted below the console..stretching the console doesnt effect the way it mounts up at all. I did shorten my shifter b4 doing the whole deal so there may be some touching when u shift if u dont shorten the shift rods height.

·
Registered
120 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1378279662.221982.jpg

this one seems to close for added theft deterrent. though it has less radio buttons and you have to do things through the touch screen (maybe with a remote control). The screen would be farther away on the dash when it popped up, reaching would be an issue.

the VW620 in-dash unit on this thread looks better since my 2003 NBC was made before steering wheel handsfree
buttons integrated. bluetooth integration and call answer / end call buttons make it easier than using phone or touchscreen while driving.

Does it have a Heads Up Display option on the dash screen?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Thanx for the comp Al. FYI: My buttons are all still mounted below the console..stretching the console doesnt effect the way it mounts up at all. I did shorten my shifter b4 doing the whole deal so there may be some touching when u shift if u dont shorten the shift rods height.

All good mang. Your vert inspires :cool:
can you recall how much you took off of the shifter shaft?

·
Dumpkin
354 Posts
The best thing I can do is measure what I have left...Right now I have no clue how much I trimmed.

·
Dumpkin
354 Posts
Where is the steering wheel??
Its a Grant Security Hub. U can remove the wheel to prevent theft...I already had the kit so I installed it. These cars are pretty theft proof already..

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Jerylsburk, publicación: 883105, miembro: 42481"]
View attachment 106593

éste parece cerrarse para mayor disuasión de robos. aunque tiene menos botones de radio y tienes que hacer las cosas a través de la pantalla táctil (tal vez con un control remoto). La pantalla estaría más lejos en el tablero cuando apareciera, el alcance sería un problema.

la unidad VW620 en el tablero en este hilo se ve mejor desde que mi NBC 2003 se hizo antes del volante manos libres
botones integrados. La integración de bluetooth y los botones de respuesta / finalización de llamada facilitan el uso del teléfono o la pantalla táctil mientras conduce.

Could you please help me ? In which store can I buy this stereo?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts