NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
New to New Beetle
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I picked up my beetle today and I absolutely love it, lucky for me I have a list of the mods that came with the car I paid 12,500 for the car so I'm hoping a got a good deal 01' Turbo S GLS whatever it is, leather seats six disc cd changer etc...

List of Aftermarket mods as written on the paper given to me from the dealer.

Audi performance racing (&vw)
Tuned ECU from 150 to 210HP guaranteed
APR free flow downpipe
APR free flow converter
APR screen to get more fresh air to the intercooler
VW performance free flow muffler

Neuspeed cold air intake with K&N filter

Neuspeed strut tower brace

KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks

VW Performance springs powder coated red

B&M Sport Shifter

Power slot slotted&vented rotors Brake calipers ceramic painted red

Spoiler

PIAA Fog Lights & Headlight Lamps (brite blue/white)

Optima Battery

Carbon Fiber Dash Kit

Gorilla Floor mats (VW accessory)

17" Wheels with fusion low profile tires

He claims these mods cost about 6k?

I have a picture I'll add in a minute but I will add another one taken in the day time.

So anyway what's left to do? I'm guessing change the DV, the lower IC pipe, turbo inlet pipe?, full exhaust system maybe? and my hopes for the 6sp conversion...

Just some input is it a good deal? Is there anything I need to be worried about? I'm new to VW's so I just want to make sure.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me but I don't know anything about that stuff!
Nice beetle and welcome to the org!!
:wave3:

·
New to New Beetle
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'll get some pics up for you, just waiting for the weekend, I'm pretty much get up when the sun comes up and work until the sun comes down so right now isn't the best time, I'll definitely put some stuff up though.. Check back Saturday afternoon.

·
New to New Beetle
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's a good question, I mean the car isn't even really broken in yet, but I've had 3 cars and 1 bike this year this will be my 4th car. Everything seems ok with it so far though, rides smooth etc. Maybe they bought it and started fixing it up... I do know that it was in a small wreck so maybe that's why it was traded in... It was hit on the passenger side rear but it's been completely fixed can't even tell when you look at it and the alignment is pretty good on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts