NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jetmecanic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I am new to the Beetle world and need some help.
2k 2.0 w 130k 5 speed
AC compressor was replaced by PO and overfilled w freon. Compressor now runs after FCM replacement but no cooling. Can overfill of freon cause compressor to fail? Should I look for something else before pulling the trigger on new compressor?
Thanks in advance!!!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
You have visually verified that the compressor is running? When not running only the outside wheel will turn on the belt, when it is running the center of the wheel engages. So if the center three point bracket is not moving, the compressor is not running.

Both fans engage at low speed when you press the AC button?

The PO replaced the compressor, but did not replace the dryer and expansion valve at the same time? The dryer should always be replaced with the compressor, and the expansion valve is often also changed because a problem with the expansion valve and compressor are hard to distinguish from each other and the EV is relatively inexpensive.

Are you thinking of doing work on the car yourself, or are you just wanting information to help you discuss with the mechanic?

·
Jetmecanic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
janitz
Both fans are running low speed. Compressor is turning. R/D was replaced along with Expansion valve.
Going to do work myself hopefully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts