NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Matilda before we brought her home. We got a great deal on her. She's a 2003 GLX with 28,000 miles on her that we bought for a GREAT deal. Hubby took her as a trade and we got it for the wholesale price. I Love her already. I did already break the one of the rear side panels when I put the top up yesterday, so we're ordering the plastic part for that. I'm sure it's going to be pricey. I want to take out the CD player in the center console because all my music is on my ipod. I don't even own any cd's anymore. I need suggestions on a decent radio to install, to get rid of the Monsoon with a tape deck that's in there right now. I don't need anything too fancy, but it needs to be Ipod compatible. I have a cheap FM transmitter that I'm using now but with the location of the power slot, it's pretty cramped. I want to change out the headlights at some point, and change the center console. or at least make it useable for storage after the CD player is removed. Any suggestions for a radio?

·
Registered
11,761 Posts

·
rawr
36 Posts
Hey there!

Welcome to the forums! Your beetle is beautiful!! :cool:

I don't know about new stereo systems, but they might have some suggestions over at the Audio part of the forums: Car Audio - NewBeetle.org Forums

When I had my beetle, I went to CVS and bought one of those Tape adapters with the headphone jack for like $15, then plugged my iphone in and left it in the holder. Worked like a charm. :p

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
The above mentioned iPod connector plugs into the rear of the Monsoon head unit, into a portion of the jack for the remote CD Changer you are removing, if that wasn't clear. Or if that isn't the one, there is one that does.

As to the center console, there is a large cubby that replaces the CD Changer and small cubby, both of which just lift out and the CD Changer unplugs.
The part number is 1C0 857 925 C 33N. Google the p/n for sources or available from the dealer (not expensive). The reverse of this Changer install DIY
http://newbeetle.org/forums/car-audio/47665-6-cd-changer-console-install-diy.html

Have fun with your new Vert. Looking for a Owner's Manual, Convertible Boot, or a Windstop, I have them available for sale, reasonably priced. P/m me.

MORAV

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle Convertible! :party:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts