NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just bought my 15-year-old daughter her first beetle--2000 manual transmission, yellow, 109,000 miles. It is--dare I say it--in perfect shape. I got so discouraged running around town, and local towns, only to find that the advertised beetles had "check battery," "ABS" and "airbag" lights all coming on. So I hold my breath but am thrilled with our find. We take very good care of our cars, so I hope this little beauty will keep my daughter happy for at least 5 or more years.

I was a beetle owner in the 1970s and 1980s, then moved over to Subarus. So thrilled that my daughter has the good sense, and good taste, to pursue the new beetle 30 years after my last one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks, Evanrude!

I appreciate the welcome, Evanrude! And the pics are on my cell phone so I will take some Wednesday with my camera and post. LOVE the spoiler on your beetle! Wow! Really dresses it up. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome! The org is a fantastic resource. Yes, we definitely want to see pics. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,725 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

Such a good dad you are. Not only is it a fun car, it is also a very safe car! :party:

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,844 Posts
a BIG welcome to you and your daughter to the new beetle family. We're glad to have you all along for the ride:).

Looking forward to all the cool pics you have for us.

I hope you and your family will get involved with the new beetle get together (GtG) scene. We're always trying to get a GtG cooking around here, so I hope you all will join us. BTW, where do you all live?... one of us might be a stone's throw from ya:)

Sounds like you're very privy to the nature of our beetles- excellent! Is everything up to speed with the beetle, such as the timing belt/water pump/tensioner? As our beloved beetles approach the 80,000+ mile mark, it means time to replace the those items. Hopefully they're already done, so your daughter can motor the highway fancy free:)

Again, welcome aboard:wave2:

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Happy memories and a legacy lives on!

Welcome to the new beetle family, we'll be here to lend a hand when needed. I must confess I'd look at a Subie if they'd bring that beautiful boxter diesel over here... they're cultic enough to know it'd make up half their sales and be profitable.

·
TOD 2011 Maiden Voyager!!
87 Posts
:balloons:Congrats on your New Beetle:balloons: They are great cars as you know. I have had two air cooled and I am on my 3rd New Beetle Convertible. The ORG is a great resource with great people. Enjoy your new car:banana:

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Is everything up to speed with the beetle, such as the timing belt/water pump/tensioner? As our beloved beetles approach the 80,000+ mile mark, it means time to replace the those items. Hopefully they're already done, so your daughter can motor the highway fancy free:)

Again, welcome aboard:wave2:

This is very important. My 2000 Beetle has 77000 miles and change, so I'm getting this done literally one day before I depart for the Roswell event.

My daughter is 14, and will be inheriting my Beetle some day, too. In the meantime, I'm saving for a new "21st Century" Beetle. You'll love the Beetle community, and welcome!

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,844 Posts
This is very important. My 2000 Beetle has 77000 miles and change, so I'm getting this done literally one day before I depart for the Roswell event.

My daughter is 14, and will be inheriting my Beetle some day, too. In the meantime, I'm saving for a new "21st Century" Beetle. You'll love the Beetle community, and welcome!
Good call on the TB buddy:thup:

Hey..... I thought you were getting that 21st Beetle for me:D :lol:

Have fun in Roswell- wish I could go:(

·
Registered
108 Posts
Know what you mean ...

about running all over town and running into the check engine, air bag lights etc! I've been looking for 9 months and still don't have a new beetle yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts