NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jody0121
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just a little confused on navigating this forum. Hopefully I am not posting incorrectly. New owner of a 2006 Beetle. It reads Celsius and I am in the States. Pressing both hour and minute while the car is on does nothing. Chalk it up to no longer working or is there something I am not doing right?! Also, filled up on Saturday and it is now Wednesday with about 150 miles. The fuel gauge has not really moved....not working or the gas mileage is just that good?! Is there a trick to getting the pump handle to not click off while fueling?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Did you see this post??
http://newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/20135-how-change-temperature-display.html

This info is in that thread... "For temperature from celsius to fahrenheit (or back):
Put the key in ignition and turn the car on (but don't start the car). Hold both the Hour and Minute buttons for at least 3 seconds."

Hope that helps. As for the gauge not moving much after 150 miles... my new beetles in the past would do that for about that amount, and then drop fast. So it may still move soon. If not, it might not be working correctly and be something to get checked out.

The last thing, I'm not real sure. When mine would click like that... I would just keep moving the handle around until it found the golden spot to flow properly. lol

·
Registered
423 Posts
Your gas gauge should be around 1/2 by now, the 2.5 isn’t a very fuel efficient engine unfortunately. I had an issue with the gauge getting “stuck” in my 08 and I had to pull over occasionally to let pressure out of my tank for some reason. It only did that on a 1000 mile drive down to LA last summer though. I also have an issue with the pump shutting off and I haven’t been able to figure it out yet, but I think it had something to do with my gauge sticking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts