NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , im dj, new beetle owner . and i apologize now for my hatred for this car. idk why it hasnt been a thing ever talked about in my circle that these cars are not maintained as any other cars. i mean every single car ive had you can check the dipstick to see if you need tranny fluid. not this one . every car ive had you know where the transmission dip stick is . you dont have to tear out different things just to get to them and then you have to have it upon a lift to know if you need to add fluid. theres so many things . now i have a problem with the fans they wont come on, its causing my car to overheat. idk what to do but what i have check the fuses . its not that, so now i just wait. dont know what to do now. it feels like a night mare.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi DJ. If I remember correctly, the transmission fluid is a sealed system. I never changed/added fluid to my 2001, and never had any issues (actually, the dealer advised me against changing it. They said it might cause problems).

Good luck w/ the fan issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Dj I have a 2000 new beetle and I recently had to replace the 2 fans behind the radiator so my car would stop over heating had the same problem. Runs just fine now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts