NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Newbee
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a youngin' I decided that I was going to buy a VW Bug as soon as I could drive, and it would be my best friend, and we would go on adventures together. Then real life hit and I had a hand-me-down Chevy Malibu followed by a Chevy Cavalier that ended up having the same exact electrical problems the Malibu had (plus more!). Thursday, at the end of Lily's life, I took the poor thing into a VW dealer to trade her in for my newest companion, Jasper Baltimore, a 2002 New Beetle GLS. I'm so excited! I've already confessed my undying devotion to this machine and all my friends think I'm crazy, but I'm so happy to have found a community of like-minded people. :)

*waves* I'm a 25 year old from Northern Virginia and so happy to have transitioned from a jealous onlooker to a proud owner! Scored Jasper without any issues (except the horn doesn't work, getting that taken in under dealer warranty), and with just 77k on him. The tags were adopted from my previous car but given that I'm a bookseller by profession I'll probably keep them. :)

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
What a sweet beetle:banana: Jasper is a looker for sure and we're glad that the both of you have joined us. And yes, you're in good company- we're a bit:crazy:about our beetles. And you've come on the scene in proper fashion...You brought pics- you get a gold star:bigthumb:. We hope to see some more pics of Jasper Baltimore (cool name BTW) and hope you post often.]

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Pretty! Platinum Gray Metallic New Beetle! :party:

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :clap:

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
Good lookin' Beetle! Welcome to the org and yes, you get double gold stars for posting pics immediately! :clap:

Our appetites are a bit insatiable when it comes to pics of New Beetles. :D

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
*nom*

((scampers over to your Beetle and dives inside, emerging moments later with a handful of cookies that were stashed secretly in the glove box)) ~nom~ :D

Nice bug, welcome to the family!

Don't mind me over here.. I read "cookie" and I had to have one :cool:

·
Can you handle it??
1,673 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave3::wave3:
It's very nice to meet you and Jasper.

Jasper is BEAUTIFUL. I wish you both lot's of happiness. :):)

·
Registered
361 Posts
NB owner & new member

Welcome to the org...and yes we get a lil over the top bout ..Pics..And we are a bit crazy :crazy: orver our NB's So hope you enjoy it here and enjoy Jasper he looks pretty nice in that color;) Im still a newbie to and im in to my Boo :D

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Welcome to the org! I'm flbug aka Charles or Charlie or Chuck. :yaya:

You should look into coming to the NB crusie called Tail of the Dragon (ToD for short) on the 1st of May! Its not too far from you at all! Its gonna be a fun weekend that weekend too!

·
Kaylee Bug
366 Posts
Welcome to the Org! Love the color.

Find out if the timing belt/water pump has been changed. Something you dont want to put off. Other than that I LOVE my bug.

·
Newbee
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should look into coming to the NB crusie called Tail of the Dragon (ToD for short) on the 1st of May! Its not too far from you at all! Its gonna be a fun weekend that weekend too!
I'm looking into it. :) I don't think I can take off work but as soon as I find out whether or not I can I AM SO THERE. Bug Out is also like 15 mins from my house so I'll definitely be attending that!

akasha1963 said:
Find out if the timing belt/water pump has been changed. Something you dont want to put off. Other than that I LOVE my bug.
Will do! I'll ask when I take it in to get the horn fixed. :)

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Welcome to the Org! Glad to have another member to oogle at these cars with! :p

I'm looking into it. :) I don't think I can take off work but as soon as I find out whether or not I can I AM SO THERE. Bug Out is also like 15 mins from my house so I'll definitely be attending that!
Ohh! Bug Out! I enjoy it! I'll be going to at least the the Bug out earlier in the season so perhaps I'll see you there?!

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Hi!

We usually have couple of GTG's in Pittsburgh every year.
Keep you eye out for one!:)

Oh yeah, Welcome to the Org!

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
I'm looking into it. :) I don't think I can take off work but as soon as I find out whether or not I can I AM SO THERE. Bug Out is also like 15 mins from my house so I'll definitely be attending that!QUOTE]

There are a few other folks coming from your neck of the woods to the ToD. You may want to start a thread in hopes to bugavan with them. Always a blast to roll in numbers:cool: Sooo, put in that "day off" request for Friday April 30th and plan to be there:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the Buggin Bin, instead of Looney Bin. I think the name of your bug is too cool for skool too. I live in Baltimore, and didnt think to make that part of my bug's name. He's VeeDub!

·
Newbee
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
There are a few other folks coming from your neck of the woods to the ToD. You may want to start a thread in hopes to bugavan with them. Always a blast to roll in numbers:cool: Sooo, put in that "day off" request for Friday April 30th and plan to be there:)
I'm hesitant about going alone, so this just might be the best idea ever. I'll have to make sure I can afford the trip, but I'll ask the day off just in case. :)

Welcome to the Buggin Bin, instead of Looney Bin. I think the name of your bug is too cool for skool too. I live in Baltimore, and didnt think to make that part of my bug's name. He's VeeDub!
Fell's Point is my favorite place on Earth and incidentally the last "trip" with my previous car. It was fresh in mind and totally works because I tend to give my cars last names different from my own. :)

PS: Now that I have this car my best friend (who lives in Canada) is constantly texting me photos of the bugs she sees around town. I love the effect this has on people. :)

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
I'm hesitant about going alone, so this just might be the best idea ever. I'll have to make sure I can afford the trip, but I'll ask the day off just in case. :)

PS: Now that I have this car my best friend (who lives in Canada) is constantly texting me photos of the bugs she sees around town. I love the effect this has on people. :)
I've already started a bugavan thread within the Tail of the Dragon for east coaster/mid Atlantic peeps who are heading to the ToD. You may want to chime in there and find out who else you can tag aong with. The overall costs aren't too prohibitive. Lodging in Bryson City is fairly reasonable, the friday night pizza fest will only be a few bucks per person and the BBQ place we hit on Saturday evening is cheap as well. Munchies and gas are dependant on your appetite and driving style :) Look forward to seeing you there. Oh ya, don't forget to chime in on the ToD thread itself and set your profile to receive e-mails when someone else has posted to that thread. That way you can stay up to date with the happenings.:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts