VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New beetle owner here!

I purchased a salvaged 2010 beetle today! Got a killer deal on itt and it only has 63k miles.
The photo system is weird, but it appears to have been side swiped. My dad does body work so it will be a fairly easy fix. The read bumper was hit a little hard, it broke driver side taillight.
The goal is; new taillight, salvage the bumper to save money, fill in the dents and knock out some others, sand and new paint all over, EYELIDS.

I can't wait to actually get her and see what trim level she is. I am praying for cruise control and heated seats :> she is being delivered sometime next week most likely. We won't get to work on her much for a bit, my dad just purchased my mom a new van he is in the process of painting and fixing.

I look forward to speaking with all of you and learning about my new baby!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Welcome to the Org, and thank you for adopting this poor New Beetle!

If you have not, start a thread in the Photo area, and start documenting the resoration. Add any and all new photos and updates in that thread. That way, they are all together in one place! :)

Again, Welcome! :wave2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Org, and thank you for adopting this poor New Beetle!

If you have not, start a thread in the Photo area, and start documenting the resoration. Add any and all new photos and updates in that thread. That way, they are all together in one place! :)

Again, Welcome! :wave2:
Definitely the plan! I cant wait to photograph the whole process. I had to get on my computer, the ipad only lets me attach on photo at a time.

Howdy from Central NC. There's a few of us around the state.
Hello! :)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
OMG I wondered if any beetle groups did the dragon!!
My car will definitely not be ready in time, and I have an event the following weekend taking up my time, but next year that is for sure happening!!!
We do the Tail of the Dragon the first Saturday each May and the Back of the Dragon last Saturday in October. Hope to see you at ToD in May.
Here's the link for ToD
http://newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1255505

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We do the Tail of the Dragon the first Saturday each May and the Back of the Dragon last Saturday in October. Hope to see you at ToD in May.
Here's the link for ToD
T.O.D.8 The OFFICIAL 2016 Tail Of The Dragon Promo & Planning thread - NewBeetle.org Forums
I am SO excited for this!!! I will definitely be there! :D:D:D

Guys it looks like I get to pick up my car today!!! SO excited!! Please keep your fingers crossed for no mechanical issues and that I can just DRIVE her to my parents where she will get fixed!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts