VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Beetle Convertible 2.0L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Beetle owner and wondering if there is a site for Beetle owners like Jeep aftermarket/replacement parts. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
What type of parts are you looking for(?); some parts are only available from vw, most maintenance, typical repair parts are available from oem brands and cheap aftermarket options are out there but many of those, are poor quality, failure prone, not recommended. The cheap aftermarket parts, any times will have to be replaced multiple times and just don't last long we don't work correctly; ultimately you actually save money by going with a quality OEM part.

Vw's parts site; parts.vw.com

There are many oem quality parts suppliers online; one i really like, is fcpeuro.com , they only sell quality parts, leave out the cheap poor quality stuff and offer a lifetime warranty, on everything they sell.

You might want to discuss the type of parts you're looking for and maybe we can give you some ideas on where to look. New,used, rebuilt or other options are always available.

A strategy i use, is to get the vw part #; then, search online, see what pricing brand availability options there are. Then, decide what price, quality, brand (oem/aftermarket) and supplier i want to buy it from, then make my purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first major part I am looking for is a driver side door panel and I do want quality.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Door panel options, tend to narrow down to; used, repair or a aftermarket reproduction out of fiberglass.

Can you show or describe the problem with yours(?); maybe we can give you some ideas, on repairing what you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The door panel is broken along the bottom so the clips do not work, door handle is broken off, and there is a big crank in the panel. I mainly need the lower panel. The upper has a small crack but not bad.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
I went to a local pick and pull; bought a damaged door panel, then got enough good parts to come out with one good one.

You can use plastic epoxy; to fix cracks, use mesh to reinforce the back of the cracked panel, use sheet metal or metal washers to recreate the panel clip holders and overall create a very strong repair.

For the failure prone door handles, i bought the metal Motorking/CF repair kit and it creates a very solid handle, add epoxy and if needed, add some coat hanger to reinforce broken plastics, tighten it all together, sandwich everything, tighten the bolts, solid as a rock results! A permanent repair solution; it will never break again!:)

Motorking metal handle; installed on my 2002 New Beetle Turbo S (plastic bolt covers not in place). Metal construction; powder coated, available in stock colors (black, beige, gray) and chrome.

A cheap hot staple gun from amazon or ebay; is another option for plastic repair as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just trying to piggy back here, this is a website I’ve used for a 2010 convertible:
vwpartsonline.com
I’ve been pretty happy with the price (a good 30-40 percent cheaper than the dealership) and that they are actual vw parts.

I also could use some help trying to get the convertible top replaced. I took pictures in the beginning but did not capture all of the river points for the tension cables. If anyone has pictures or information about which cable is attached where, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts