NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 GLX, 5sd, with 93K. Everything seems to be okay and it runs fine at this point, but I only put about 200 miles on it so far. It seems from reading reviews online that people either hate their Beetle or love it. The more I read about some of the problems people have had, it makes me wonder if I made a wise decision to buy it. What is the best advise you could give me to keep it going with minimal problems. I would like to become one of the owners that like their Beetle.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It would be wise to make sure the timing belt has been replaced. When in doubt, go ahead and replace it. Sounds like you have a good cars that you like. My 99 has almost 170 K on it now and still runs like a top! O, by the way. Welcome to the new Beetle .org! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome from California, from my experience as long as you service regularly and ensure you get your car in AS SOON as you have a problem your car will be fine they are great cars im a second owner and its almost to 200k and its taken care of me but be nice to it it'll be nice to you good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Welcome to the ORG from Tennessee!
I love my new beetle :D she has 215k her. Her valve body has JUST NOW wore out but, with her mileage I feel it's probably time. Not a complicated repair so she's on the mend :p. As with any car regular maintenance is key to longevity.

Glad you found us

:)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Welcome to the org. Best advice I can offer is to keep reading the forums so you aren't surprised by anything that may come up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts