VW Beetle Forum banner

New Beetle Parent

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  bugsy98nb 
#1 ·
Hi, my daughter is a new owner of a seasoned 1998 Beetle. Black with daisy decals, and 150000 miles on her. I have fixed several items myself and had the dealer do the timing belt and water pump. This forum has been a great help. My daughter asked me if there is a custom of beetle owners waving to each other as a lot of us Harley owners do. I told her I would ask on the forum. Can someone answer this for me? Thank you. By the way my wife loves driving the Beetle too. I just hope she doesn't get a speeding ticket because she loves to run through the gears on the 5 speed.

#2 ·
WOW!!

You have made my evening. It is so awesome to hear of someone buying a nB, with full knowledge of used beetle 101! Big props to you for the timing belt and water pump job. Your daughter is gonna have a good beetle experience for sure:bigthumb:

Now us orgers, for the most part love to wave at fellow beetle owners. However, it can be frustrating, cause some don't get it, like the Harley owners and Vette owners do. Still we wave and show our love for the bug. So let your daughter know that we're wave friendly here. BTW, here's a link dedicated to us wave passionate beetle owners...CLICK HERE

Hope to see your daughter here joining us fellow beetle nuts. We're kinda:crazy:, but we're good people:)

#3 ·
Welcome!

Welcome to the Org! from a native fellow Ohioan, but also an adopted Texan.

You seem to already have a good handle on things, but you might find something useful here
http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-member-forum/51021-newbie-welcome-kit.html
I know the '98 NB "Quick Tips Light" is there in .pdf, you might print it and put it in Sarah's glove box is she doesn't have a Owner's Manual.

And she NEEDS an Owner's Manual. If it's missing, get one, somewhere.
I have one FS here
http://newbeetle.org/forums/parts-accessories/48896-fs-owners-manuals-40-shipped.html

Get her to post up some pics in her own Photo thread. As you know by now, everyone around here loves pics.

Enjoy!

MORAV

#4 ·
I wave at every New Beetle I see. Of course, sometimes that means I have to speed up, or slow down, and even honk to get their attention! :D

I think there are many here who know what mean. :wink2:

You are lucky! You live in a great state, with lots of active NB peeps! :party:

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to your daughter to the New Beetle! They are so much fun, they should be illegal! :lol:

#5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to meeting and talking with other Beetle owners. I guess now instead of playing punch bug every time we see a beetle we will have to be sure and wave. It is great owning a vehicle that has a following. I will have my daughter post some pic as soon as we can. She has been busy with band, tennis, and now school starting.

Thanks again!!!!

#6 ·
I guess now instead of playing punch bug every time we see a beetle we will have to be sure and wave.
Naw, ya'll can still do both! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.