VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my dad are currently working on a 03 New Beetle convertible. We still have a handful of problems to tackle but currently we are working on the roof which it wont open (it is in the closed position). The switch to open/close is not responding, and so is the roof indicator light and motor. We suspect it is the micro switch but we have no idea how to access it. Where is a good place to start?

·
Gustav
349 Posts
Hope this helps look at #4 convertible to control module and #9 pressure screw to open and close the top manually. I searched for a long time to find my manual convertible Beetle so I can't be of much help other than posting shots from my Bentley Manual. You should invest in a Bentley Manual they are $$ but worth every penny.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, thank you so much! We managed to get it open manually! We just need it slightly open so we can re-adhere the rear window to the canvas... The roof not working is somthing we can fix afterwards ? Again, thanks for your help. I might look for a manual like you said if more problems happen.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
You'll need VCDS to diagnose this. There are two switches that tell the computer what the top is doing. Chances are the switch in the window frame has gone bad and the car doesn't know the top has been "unlatched" and thus the switch is disabled. If you're getting the blinking convertible icon when you unlatch the top but the button isn't working, it could just be a bad switch.

Also if the wings don't come up, that's going to prevent the top from operating. The 03/04 model year's wings a great pain to deal with.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts