VW Beetle Forum banner

New Beetle stalls when decelerating

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  billymade 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 New Beetle Convertible with 40k miles on it. It runs great, but every few days it will stall and die when coming to a stop. The problem is random, does not produce a code and never happens at speed. It always happens when you are braking and coming to a stop. I have replaced the crank position sensor as that seemed to be a potential culprit, but it did not fix the issue.

Given the lack of codes, I am trying to figure out my next move. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
#5 ·
Mass Airflow Sensor, not buying it.

You'll be back.

Get your own OBDII tool. OBDFusion is less than $10 for your smart phone or tablet, interface is typically less than $20.

Get one now, you WILL need it.

#7 · (Edited)
I got it recently but haven't messed with much; have been using DashCommand for awhile so i am more familiar with that app. From what I can tell; jfoj is saying that the app really shines, in its logging capability and amount of "pids" you can access? I haven't tried logging or used OBD Fusion much, so I can't really say. As with most computer obd II apps/diagnostic software related stuff; you need to spend time with them, to be able to use them effectively and get the most out of their capabilities. :) I've been keeping an eye; primarily on trim levels, boost levels, maf flow and coolant temps. These apps are nice; because, our cars hardly have any gauges on them and it is helpful, when troubleshooting drivability issues, to see what is going on. I would like to find a decent ipad mount; so, I can see everything as I am driving around and don't have to worry about it, falling off the dash! :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.