VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MustyRusty
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a couple of issues with my 2015 New Beetle TDI With my A/C. I have read many posts of people having the exact same issues many with fixes I have already tried. When I first start my Beetle for the day (AM or PM), it takes 6-7 minutes for cool air to start coming out of my vents. After that it immediately cools after starting for the rest of the day. I took it to VW service and they assured me that it was "normal" and I was "lucky" that my diesel A/C worked as well as it does. This issue only started about 3 weeks ago so I know it is not "normal".

My compressor was replaced about a year ago for the other issue I am still having. After I have been driving for awhile, whether at a stoplight or on the freeway, my A/C gets quiet and blows warm moist air for a few seconds. Now, with the compressor replaced, it does a similar thing except now it gets quiet and blows cool moist air for a few seconds.

The dealer says if the freon was low it would not be working as well as it does when it finally starts cooling. They said thay can't check the freon without evacuating and refilling the entire system which would cost me some money. They said unless it breaks totally, they can't fix it.

I am at a loss. It seems many owners have reported these issues, but, VW says they have never heard of them.

I am hoping someone here has all the answers.

Thanks,

Steaming in Phoenix

·
Registered
14,340 Posts
Intermittant issues or something that hasn't totally failed; can be hard for many vw dealerships to diagnose correctly or have them be motivated, to take the time to do so.

First, is rhe car under warranty? If it is and the dealership can't figure out the problem, you might contact vw customer care and see if they can help, trying another vw dealer service dept. in yiur area, maybe another option as well.

When it comes to diagnosing problems; having a vw specific scan tool like vcds by ross tech is helpful, to scan for trouble codes, check fir live data, do any required testing and be sure to follow a vw factory service manual, to follow recommended testing procedures, is crucial to a sucessful repair.

At this tiem, there are no printed service manuals you can purchase; you can sunscribe for one day to Volkswagens eRWin subscription service and download the manuals you need in .pdf format. Otherwise, other service info sub services; like mitchell1 or alldata, probably have the vw factory manuals accessable online as well.

We have heard of later model VW's with the Sanden or Denso a/c compressors; having problems with the pressure regulator valves sticking and they sell improved aftermarket versions, that fix the problem.

This company has a video that describes the problem and how to replace the valve.

·
Registered
14,340 Posts
You probably need to read the sticker on the compressor; to identify the part number and identify which model sanden or denso a/c compressor it is, to confirm which valve might work for you.

https://www.rkxtech.com/collections/air-conditioning

Warch this video and see, if this sounds like it might be a similar problem; to what yiu are experiencing.

https://youtu.be/xMrU4XimsoI

Let is know, if your beetle is still under the factory warranty and how you would like ti proceed with troubleshooting and repairs. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts