NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback about a business that only deals with NB parts from vehicles purchased from insurance companies due to accidents, thefts, and vandalism. What if you could purchase low mileage engines, transmissions, and every nut or bolt without having to pay inflated shipping charges? Would you be impressed if this company recycled 100% of non-useable components and fluids, so as not to increase land fill requirements? What if all the vehicles were stored indoors, unlike most typical "salvage yards"? Would you be impressed if all parts were listed on an easy to use website that included videos, how to installation guides, and a direct link to the owner? All this and only for New Beetle enthusiasts!
This start-up company is coming soon, and I want to hear your thoughts. No more going to your local VW dealer and paying $8.00 for a 50 cent bolt, like I've had to do.

Coming Soon,
The New Beetle Barn

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Good pitch

Ok now that you have us sold on your idea or plan. Where is this going to be located? I am certain if it all lived up to what you said I would buy some parts from you.

Good luck and keep us up to date..

Marc

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
I like this idea, though I agree, you should handle more than just the new beetle. There are lots of parts that can be used from other Mk4's and sometimes we want that....

and the whole, keeping the cars indoor thing is AWESOME! I've seen and heard many stories about color concepts or turbo s's that get left out in the rain/snow/sleet/hail what-have-you, and the seats (which we all crave) get ruined, the electronics get ruined, etc.

Let us know when and where...I think along the east coast would be nice ;)

·
VW Junky
1,032 Posts
Have a stash of junked Nbs around back for parts, assuring they dont go to waste. :D

In fact, id love to work FOR you. Where will you located?

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I like the name... THe New Beetle Barn.

I also don't think it should deviate. The Beetle has MANY specific parts (the pull cable for the fuel cap is just one, the pull mechanism seems to be the same as the other Mk4s but the cable is Beetle only).

I'd personally love and use this service over the pick and pull yards for many reasons.

There is a guy who runs "The Rusty Rabbit" in NC and he ONLY deals with Rabbits... he's still around.

I think with the discontinuing of the model, your timing is right to start pickup up shells and parts, housing and listing them for sale.

I look forward to doing business with you. I need a complete front and rear silver clip for my car (both fenders and bumper). Be happy to drive to your location and install them and drop off my old units for core/recycling!!

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Yeah

OK is it open yet, I want parts now.. LOL

Hurry up and open will ya !!

·
"SunShine" 01 1.8T 5sp.
1,671 Posts
Agreed with up above, need other VW's because alot of the parts are interchangeable. But this is GREAT!! I dunno how the indoor thing would work due to EPA and OSHA but if anything having certain parts kept in doors would be great. Let us all know where it is going to be because we can all use a place like this. (for sure):D

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like the sound of this! Will your business include not only parts, but accessories, such as leather seat skins, cargo cover, head units, and other things like that? I'm looking to eventually re-cover Bibi's seats, preferably with seat skins from another Beetle. And obviously some other stuff, too. Just thought I'd ask :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New Beetle Barn

We're in upstate New York. The planning stage is over. Building is secured. Funding in place. Website development has started. State and local paperwork filed. We have NB's in storage in different locations on the East Coast, soon to be delivered to New York. We also have our own powder coating and media blast operations.
We want to be your choice for prime Grade A New Beetle used parts! Need a low mileage engine? We'll send you a video of the motor running in the vehicle before its removed. Need installation help? We can send our own guides to you-FREE!

Updates to follow and thank you for your feedback and support.

New Beetle Barn Team:)

·
blue highways
731 Posts
Sounds awesome!
If the cars can't all be indoors then definitely try and find space for perishable plastic trim, seats, rubber seals, etc. I like the seat skin idea too- plenty of excellent condition seat skins on seats that are twisted - also the seat bottoms on blown airbag ones would be great as they wear out before the backs too. How about taping hardware/screws to the pieces as you remove them- we all manage to lose hardware once in a while and having it all in place eliminates a lot of noise in the car, not to mention functional problems.
Anyway- congrats on a great plan! Good luck!

As far as the non beetles- maybe just reach an agreement for bulk purchases of parts from a place that handles golfs/jettas etc. rather than waste space that could be holding beetles and larger beetle-only body components?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts