NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the New Beetle forum. Picked up 2nd hand '98 Beetle for the wife to run about town in. Very peppy compared to what I remembered my 1963 1200 cc Bug. I am having some minor problems with CHeck Engine stuff (P0-172) but hope to get them sorted at a dealer. All associated with air/vacuum leaks somewhere that I can hear up near the drivers side firewall. It had some front end damage that was repaired and needs a crash sensor installed but my Body Man can't get VW to call him about it. Hopefully the dealer will sort it out. I like the handling and the overall response of the car. I notice lots of plastic about the side panels and bumper. My old '63 was all metal. I also need to ferret out an extra key. It came with only 1 key and remote fob. It has potential to be a reliable and fun 2nd vehicle. Very good shape for it's age.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the ORG. Do a search on the site for vacuum leaks and you'll find ares like the master cylinder block and a couple of other common spots around the air box that have frequent reports.

You'll love the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts