NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New-car smell is going away: It's no good for you
By Hans Greimel, Associated Press

TOKYO — Anyone who's pulled away from the dealer's lot in a shiny, new car knows the seductive scent of fresh plastic, paint and upholstery that evokes a rush of pride and consumer satisfaction.

But that unmistakable new-car smell may soon be heading the way of the rumble seat: Recent research linking it to a toxic c o c ktail of harmful chemicals is spurring efforts by Japanese automakers to tone down the fumes.

Read More @ http://www.usatoday.com

So, I will miss that smell, I can say that.

And that makes me think, I miss the smell of fires in fireplaces.
That does not happen much here in South Florida.

Any smells you miss?

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
new car smell can be obtained with a Bissell Little Green Machine and a good 3 hour cleaning session with your seats :D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I saw that story about the deadly new car smell on the news last night. I always wondered about that....

The smell I miss? Bonne Bell Lip Smacker, Strawberry flavor.

Whenever I smell this (only strawberry!) instantly I think of Peter Frampton and '55 Chevys..... :anon:
There's something about Jergens (original almond scent) hand lotion, too...mmmmmmmmm! :lol:

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
ooooo, smells...
old Volkswagen exhaust
the interior of an old Volkswagen
automotive paint
carburetor cleaner
the dirty streets of England

nuff said!

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
I've got to say that I'm a fan of the new car smell, and I'll be sad to see it go. Of course, if it's secretly killing us all, then maybe I won't be that sad to see it go. I still have the wonderful fragrance of my diesel exhaust, though.

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
dnyed said:
I saw that story about the deadly new car smell on the news last night. I always wondered about that....

That's the kind I use. SERIOUS!

--------

I miss the smell of ... not sure. Nothing I suppose.
I like the smell of my candle here ... smells like Tazo Chai Creme Frappies from starbucks. But stronger.

·
Socialite
132 Posts
dnyed said:

QUOTE]

That so brings back memories of high school. That and the Vanilla frosting flavor (although I still use that flavor). My new favorite is Dessert Treats flavor in Lollipop. It smells so good, and its tasty also, like a little snack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts