NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
If the lack of excitement/anticipation at VWVortex and NewBeetle.org is any indication, the '12 Beetle will be a major flop.

IMO, aside from a few details I think the car looks great.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
When I first saw the 2012 Beetle on paper I was somewhat torn and didn't like. Especially the back end. It just isn't as rounded as it should be. However after looking at them in person they do kind grow on you. Especially after a test drive in the White Turbo. WOW, rides and handles GREAT! Love the wheels and the back with the spoiler doesn't look too bad.
Wish they would release the 270HP R version here in the states but like so many things (Scirocco, Lupo, Polo) more than likely they won't. VW Beetle R-Version: Würdiger Herbie-Nachfolger mit 270 PS - AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT

·
5/23/10 <3
10,916 Posts
I think there has been a lot of excitement here and on the 'Tex. Have you noticed that there are quite a number of people on here with them, as well as over on the 'Tex? Sales Numbers are a bit low, but I'm not surprised to be honest. Give it some time. Remember, us NB nuts knew a lot about this car before it really even came to be. The general public just needs to start seeing them and knowing its out there. Plus, the dealers need a better variety of them on their lots. I think it will do just fine.

VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA SALES INCREASE 40.7 PERCENT IN NOVEMBER

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Our dealer here in Indianapolis has quite a bit of them in stock. Lots of Yellow, Grey, Blue and the Turbo White one.
Actually the White coming out edition Turbo is the only Turbo they seem to have at this time. I hope they will offer it in a few other colors as well. The 2.5 cyl. engine is getting old and doesn't offer the fun and the performance of the 2.0 TSi Turbo. I am waiting for a Red Turbo and then perhaps it's trade in time. :D

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Looks the same as the one from last month :confused: :D

Click this bar to view the small image.

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Personally, I think the 'vert top is too flat. I think the car would look better if the top had less flat to it. Just my opinon though. Perhaps it will look different in person. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts