NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Imbugd - 99 1.8t
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back 2 years ago I started out with 3d printed cupholders for NBs. I still make those.. and you can see them over here:

Now I'm here with something new! 3d printed replacement flower vases, in various colors and designs.

This is all original, designed, printed, and painted by yours truly. I'm going to be selling these on Ebay pretty soon, but thought Id show some pics off here so you guys can see. (replaces 1C08584616TP)

Also, I know quite a few of you have names for your NBs. As you can see with the 'turbo' design I can do words for the pattern as well. I figured if anyone here was interested I could probably work up requests for just a few dollars more. So then you could have a vase with your NBs name or some other short phrase. ..and if you want a particular color I can try and make that happen. Im not going to do the custom part for my ebay sales yet. A little too intensive to work up huge numbers, but it seemed like something neat to offer here.

Note: There are layer lines, I kind of like them in my designs. But the light reflections in these pictures really accentuate them more than how they look in person. They look a lot closer to the ones in the back row of the NB logo shot.

Ill update with links when I get them up on Ebay.. and to show the others I have coming out. These are all black ones, I have others in white, blue, purple, etc. AND .. there are some surprise accessories coming for these that are going to make them even neater. Stay tuned ;) :sneaky:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where and how would you mount these in a new beetle?

·
Imbugd - 99 1.8t
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh .. depends on the years now. All NBs from 98-10 came with them stock, and theres a place on the dash where they slot right in. Thats where these are made to fit. (2nd pic below is in my Beetle).

They stopped putting them in with the changes in 2012. But there was a model in 2015 that had one as well. So I'll be working on a holder for the 2012+ cars based on the one from that car. (1st picture below). So far I like to make pieces that fit with the stock setup as much as possible. We should all have access to flower vases! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts