NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I went to my mailbox today and found a box. Inside the box I found a brand new pair of eyelids for Doodlebug. It was from Bugsy98. (Thanx so much Jay:)). My question is does anyone know how to install them? It looks simple, but I want to make sure before starting. Thanks in advance!!! And thanks for your thoughtfulness!!!!:bowdown: As soon as I get them on, I shall post some pics!

Scott

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
Beetlescott said:
Hello all. I went to my mailbox today and found a box. Inside the box I found a brand new pair of eyelids for Doodlebug. It was from Bugsy98. (Thanx so much Jay:)). My question is does anyone know how to install them? It looks simple, but I want to make sure before starting. Thanks in advance!!! And thanks for your thoughtfulness!!!!:bowdown: As soon as I get them on, I shall post some pics!

Scott
Hah! My new eyelids arrived today too! I just need them painted :D

Then Sting will have "angry" eyelids !

*WOOT*

·
BeetleBug7
60 Posts
eyelids

Doodlebug I'm with you on that question. I purchased a set for my beetle and they came with 3m double sided tape, approx 1"x2" and yet I don't see how they adhere to the light. There isn't sufficient material that on the eyelid that could possible mate with the headlight.

·
Fahrvergnugen=New Beetle
49 Posts
For a new beetle no, but it's a PIA to do it. It's really hard to make them stick. :rolleyes:

Old beetle sort of, you have to take the ring off around the lights or at least loosen the ring up so you can slide the eyelid under it.

The chrome eyelids for old beetles are available at JC Whitney.
I just ordered some off from eBay. Any tips? I'm scared...:eek:hnoes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts