VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys...

Help me document all the new things you love about vb3 and the new NewBeetle.org forums. I'll keep a list here, and then use it for reference when I make a post about the forums going live...

- Multiple attachments per post
- User profile pictures
- RSS feed
- Easier to use
- New calendar -- users can now post events directly to the calendar themselves.
- Much-improved member list, includes searching by city/state/country
- Similar threads feature
- New, cleaner look and feel
- WYSIWYG editor for posting
- Edit in place
- Reputation feature

Post your favorite new features...

·
Super Moderator
14,840 Posts
The picture upload feature. I was never able to post more than one photo at a time, and I absolutely love this feature! Thank you a million times over for this!

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
A thread popped up on the Vortex over the weekend asking if the .org was down. A few people made some comments about how they're tired of how old the .org is, and it needs updating.

So, you may even want to mention something about how you had to hack the old ones after they last corruption, and as a result, it was very difficult to upgrade. So that with this new go at it, it'll be much easier to keep up with latest software etc.

Not to mention the sleek new look. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
marvins_dad said:
Might want to explain what RSS Feed is...I know I'm still wondering.

Is the Calendar new and improved to the point that it would be a feature upgrade?
Calendar: definitely. I think the fact that users can now post events directly to the calendar themselves is a huge thing.

RSS Feed: RSS stands for "really simple syndication". Basically, an RSS feed is an XML file that includes the latest headlines from a given site. RSS feeds exist for basically every newsy site and blog on the internet. The most common use of RSS feeds is a "feedreader," which is like a browser, but for feeds. It lets you quickly scan the headlines of all your favorite sites in one place, without having to go to each individual site. You can easily pick and choose the stories/posts/threads you are interested in and hit them up, without having to go through each one. Another common use for RSS is syndication. For example, if they wanted to, VWVortex could grab the NewBeetle.org RSS feed and include the latest NewBeetle.org threads on their site.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pdeol-

I'm talking about the CALENDAR, not the Event Announcements area. The calendar was only open to a few people for posting events on (and you may have been one of them, I'm not sure). A user would post something in Event Announcements, then Steph would grab it from there and enter it into the calendar. We can now let users post directly to the calendar, and then have a mod approve/deny them. That's new.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Um. Yeah! I'm not stupid! I know the difference between the Event area and a calendar! Duh! Hello!!!

Heh heh.

Maybe I was setup in that area. I dunno. But, like I said, I know I could actually add events to the calendar. I thought regular users could as well. I think I even had Retrorich add one for himself once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts