NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
In order for a new forum to be created, we definitely have to know there is a great deal of interest in it. I'll certainly watch this thread and see if more people express an interest. If it's something only a handful of members are interested in, I'd rather you just use Misc. Hoo-Ha (after all, that's what it's for -- all the stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere!).

SMG -- exactly which forum are you so disappointed that we didn't make? And if you have a problem, why not PM me about it?

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
silverspeedbuggy said:
Why not have a forum for house stuff? Decorating, painting, repairs, help, suggestions, even buying advice!
Sounds interesting, we are in the process of painting a room (almost done) and now we want to add some details (stencils). But the walls are lightly textured so I do not know how the stencils we come up... I would love a place to discuss/share experiences.

Now, some overzealous moderator may say that there are already specific forums for this pour-pose, but I LOVE the community here so I would rather share experiences here than somewhere else

·
Super Moderator
8,913 Posts
I'm still in the process of remodeling a 60's modern in Dallas.
Hadn't realised all the work we had done in little over a year until I showed someone that hadn't seen my house yet the photos I posted on the old Org. I'm going to have to do new Before/After thread soon because come December all work better be complete!

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
I really like the before/after pics of someone's new windows on their home in the old forums (I want to say it was Eeyore's owner?)

I vote yes on a home improvement/remodel/brag forum :)

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
marvins_dad said:
But...I'm already here!:D
Too true. You know, sometimes I want to be Bob Vila. On that show, 'This Old House', he got to just walk around, while wonderful things were being done, and he did not have to do anything, if he did not want to.

NOTE: If he did not WANT to. That's the key. As I get closer to the closing date on my house, I keep thinking of the things that I will have to take care of, that I don't really want to...and all the things that I do want to take care of, I wonder if I will be able to.

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
marvins_dad said:
Ah...so I'm that guy that does all the work while Bob attempts to talk about stuff like he knows what he is talking about while selling Craftsman tools.
Yeah, you are Norm. But that's okay. I like Norm. He has all the coolest tools...I am so looking forward to having a real garage, that I can put real tools in.

Here is a sneak pic at the house I am closing on next Friday..
It does not tilt in real life, BTW.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Bill and I could have used a forum like this two years ago....... :D

Before and after pics. A forum like this could be fun! :)

Attachments

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Porkchop said:
I really like the before/after pics of someone's new windows on their home in the old forums (I want to say it was Eeyore's owner?)

I vote yes on a home improvement/remodel/brag forum :)
If you liked the new windows... you really would have liked the new tile flooring in the bathroom.
Eeyore Lays some tile

and the window thread...
The Castle gets new windows

I would be all for a home improvement forum BTW

I still have to post up about the Shed I built this summer...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts