NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I dunno if this was a good idea or a bad one (we'll see), but I got excited and posted an announcement in Site News on the old forums. It really spills the beans. I say in it that the new forums will be out sometime between now and Monday.

Do me a favor, if you guys can, and help me ward off any negativity. I'm sure there will be some. Also, I'm going to CLOSE REGISTRATION on these new forums, on the off chance someone discovers the new URL. I don't want them joining until I say it's okay for the flood gates to be opened. :)

Everyone duck, the **** is about to hit the fizz-an.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fowvay said:
Couple of questions I have been hit with.

1) Will Hot Ha allow swearing, now that its subscription only?

2) Do we have a swear word filter in place?

I answered with... I dunno :confused:
1. No.

2. I don't think it's actually in place yet, but it will be by the time we go live.

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
People want to "swear"? From a computer keyboard??:rolleyes:

They can do what I do. Let it fly, alone, while not bothering anyone else, ~and~ getting my aggressions out. :D

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
I wonder, are there any words that we might include in the censorship filter that people might have a legitimate use for in the Hot Topics forum? There's no reason to say bad words in the midst of a politics/religion/etc discussion, except to incite people (and sound ignorant and stupid)...

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
You can check out the obscene language page, but I don't think you'll see any were blocked that would have legitamite uses.

Unless someone gets a yeast infection and wants to rant about it or syphillis or somethin'.... :p

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
noR said:
You can check out the obscene language page, but I don't think you'll see any were blocked that would have legitamite uses.

Unless someone gets a yeast infection and wants to rant about it or syphillis or somethin'.... :p
Someone posted about her ****atiel and it got edited. I don't really feel like this is something we need to worry about, though. Hell, I think people would be much more likely to talk about their **** than their ****atiel. Really, who has a ****atiel?! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts