NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lori
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I am new to the forums, and I have a few questions, first off, this asked me for my trim size on the vehicle, what is that? Second I need help finding parts and answers on a few things going wrong with my beetle. It is a 2001 silver New Beetle, and the rear hatch does not open when I push the button on the fob or the lever inside, you can hear it unlock and try but it doesn't pop open.. IDK what to do with that. Then my mirror all of a sudden popped off the adjustment motor on the drivers side. I need to know where to get a new one, I looked closer and it is broken. I just got body work done from a small accident where I slid and took out a sign, the front end is all that was damaged.. any help will be much obliged. :)

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Welcome to the org and the Beetle family! Haha it's not "trim size" it's trim level i.e. GL, GLS, GLX. Fog lights and a sunroof usually mean you have a GLS but that's not always true for all model years. GLX had the most options like leather, fogs, sunroof, auto dimming mirror, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Welcome to the org...would love to see pics of your new beetle...we all love pics here :D

CoriBug hit the nail on the head for trim level for you so allow me to move on to the rear hatch issue...

I am a newbie myself and I actually have about the same problem with my hatch (although it does release enough that if I use the push button remote while I pull on the hatch I can get it to open; but that is hard to do right now since my purse with my remote disappeared 2 days before Christmas.

If your latch is actually functioning and releasing when you hear the noise; then maybe this thread will help. Page 2 has really good pic and instructions for adjustment that I am going to try as soon as I am out of my sick (feels more like death) bed.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...new-beetle/40788-any-way-make-rear-hatch.html

·
Lori
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

thanks guys for the info. I have a GLS no sunroof though. as for the hatch issue, that link, kinda helped but not much... I pull the handle and it still gives me crap, always has.. I guess I can have my mechanic take a look.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome to the org. This is a wonderful place, and I hope you get all your problems worked out.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
thanks guys for the info. I have a GLS no sunroof though. as for the hatch issue, that link, kinda helped but not much... I pull the handle and it still gives me crap, always has.. I guess I can have my mechanic take a look.
Wish it could have fixed it for you...I know my Iggy likes to give me crap for a lot of things I try to make her do that she should...lol. I am feeling somewhat better, actually was thinking of getting out of bed long enough to try that thread's tips out on Iggy to see if it works for her. Your problem could be that the mechanism itself is not actually releasing...I've seen threads on that problem too; but don't have any open right now to be able to tell you where they are. I think I just searched for "hatch open" in the areas for styling mods, paint/body, and questions, issues, concerns until I found what I was looking for. There are so many here that have been there, done that with their own beetles that it's really hard to come up with a question that hasn't been addressed on here somehow already :D. Hope you get that and your mirror working again.

btw...love your user name. My 21 year old had a boyfriend back when she was in high school that went by Mopar (he was a car guy, really big into working on them). She still has the mopar emblem earrings that he custom made for her. I think they were originally peace signs that he cut down to look like a mopar emblem and painted blue. Every time I see your name I think of them...lol

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
The GLX models are 1.8Ts only. Even a loaded up 2.0, will only be a GLS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts