NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to introduce myself my name is Andre im 30 years old and i own a 2001 vw beetle 1,8t 5 speed. i have had the car for 8 years now and she been a good old girl and now after selling my show truck i have decided to play with the bug. i do body work for a live so if you got a new question ask away

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Welcome Andre, glad you found your way home. We love pics so if ya get a chance you might want to start a thread in the photo section so we all can follow along as you mod your Bug.
Seeing as your new around these parts I would like to invite you to our Tail of the Dragon event. Its held every year the first weekend in May in Bryson City NC. Hope you give it some thought, you can check out the link below for all the info.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Welcome to the Org! You have come to the right place. We are a fun bunch, as you'll soon find out. Dont forget to post some pics, we love pics. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks ones i figure out how to post pic i will as of right now the bug is mostly stock bit by the end of winter i hope to have it set up for autocross

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
If you want to add pics, before you hit the summit, scroll down until you see add attachment, hit the button, you will see a browse button, hit that and pic a picture, then hit post.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Welcome Andre, glad you found your way home. We love pics so if ya get a chance you might want to start a thread in the photo section so we all can follow along as you mod your Bug.
Seeing as your new around these parts I would like to invite you to our Tail of the Dragon event. Its held every year the first weekend in May in Bryson City NC. Hope you give it some thought, you can check out the link below for all the info.
I echo the same sentiments. A BIG welcome to you. And a BIG invite to join us for Tail of the Dragon 6. Fellow NY orger Tim, org name timinsanborn, will be joining us fir the adventure. Hope yiu can meet Him for the trip.

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Upstate NY. Good lord land of the frozen roads and all that. How about that -6 to -10 we had the other night :D

S-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where upstate? I'm just outside of Albany. I just picked up a 2000 that needs quite a bit of TLC. Hope to do a full restoration on it as soon as I get my Model A finished and out of the way.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea its cold up here and there is some nice form land to. But I'm in mechanicville just north of Albany

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Nice Ride. I know your area a little. I used to work out of Albany and Saratoga Springs.

Now stuck in Fulton, NY north of Syracuse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I work in saratoga at a body shop where I been for all most 10 years and as of about 4 months ago I was going to git rid of the old girl and git something elts but something told me to keep it. So now I'm slowly starting to work on it I upgraded to performs brakes put bilsten struts and shocks all the way around. I do hope to order my turbo back exhaust this weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I keep getting compliments on the wheels for the factory 17. And I've been dying to get my hands on a set of the Audi TT fat 5 aluminum wheels . And the color well I want to paint the car a flat blue or a flat red. I just never been a big fan of the car white

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I keep getting compliments on the wheels for the factory 17. And I've been dying to get my hands on a set of the Audi TT fat 5 aluminum wheels . And the color well I want to paint the car a flat blue or a flat red. I just never been a big fan of the car white
Thats funny, because white is my favorite color of Beetle. And IMO its the rarest color on a Beetle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol I hate how hard it is to keep clean and I like to stand out in a crowed with my cars and trucks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts