NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed heated seats into a car that didn't originally come with heated seats? I got a decent deal on a set of stock heated seats and the controller switches and I'm hoping the wiring harness is there [but not in use] in my '99 [seats are from a 2000].

Any thoughts or tips?

-jeffrey

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. If there isn't a harness already in place, I'd rather pick up an OEM one to be on the safe side. I'm hoping to get a response from someone that has made the switch.

-jeffrey

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
From reading that thread it seems like if you don't already have heated seats, you'll need to make the harness.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This might help, check a car with heated seats and look at the plug, then check under your seats and see if you already have the harness. A lot of cars have the wiring in place. We added the in console cd player in our 03 and the plug was already there.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Which harness are you looking for? The ones in the dash are definitely there. I stole 12v power from the harnesses for my led lights. ;) I believe there is a brown harness and a green harness. One for each side. Don't know which goes where but my 98 had them. Not positive about under the seat, but I can see a couple plugs under mine that aren't plugged into anything so I would assume that is what they were for. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone installed heated seats into a car that didn't originally come with heated seats? I got a decent deal on a set of stock heated seats and the controller switches and I'm hoping the wiring harness is there [but not in use] in my '99 [seats are from a 2000].

Any thoughts or tips?

-jeffrey

I'm missing the right-side blank switch cover from my non-heated seat model dash. If you have completed this swap, do you by chance still have your blank switch covers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts