NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I am the proud owner of a 2004 Beetle Convertible, stick shift, and was wondering if anybody knows of any good quality seats that might fit. The stock driver's seat is really far from comfortable... Does anybody have any pointers, experience to share, or suggestions?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have never found them uncomfortable. Is it worn out? Unless you just replace it with another vw seat you may have to deal with the track issue. Maybe go drive a newer one and see if it feels the same to you. If not either get a new one or have yours rebuilt at a auto upholstery place.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,141 Posts
I have never found them uncomfortable. Is it worn out? Unless you just replace it with another vw seat you may have to deal with the track issue. Maybe go drive a newer one and see if it feels the same to you. If not either get a new one or have yours rebuilt at a auto upholstery place.
This. I never really found my '99 seats uncomfortable. As far as comfy seats, any other mk4 set of seats should fit fine, but you would want something from a 2-door Golf or GTI so you have the ability to flip the seats down. One option is to find a set of Recaros from a 20th/337/GLI. I have them in my 20th and I love them. They came stock in those cars and they have adjustable lumbar support. Pretty comfy, IMO. But they usually aren't found for cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them! I agree that the recaro style is great, the seats I had on my 2002 Sport were fantastic!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts