NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Just thought I would share my experiences so far... Okay, So I owned a 1967 black bug in High School. Man I wish I had that thing back.
My wife wanted a 2004 VW convertible beetle, so that's what we got. So far I have replaced both front axles, wheel knuckle in front, and one wheel bearing hub in back. Radiator (have to take off the front part of the car) thermostat, and while we were in there, replaced the alternator. I was told the engine was in great shape, and the transmission rebuilt when we got it, and it does run well now (Oh, yeah, I also replaced the plugs and wires).

SO, after all of that, I SHOULD have a brand new car. but things just keep happening. I ask you all, is there an end to this? I mean, I am vested now, I think I am past the point of selling it to save myself...

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
New here. Just thought I would share my experiences so far... Okay, So I owned a 1967 black bug in High School. Man I wish I had that thing back.
My wife wanted a 2004 VW convertible beetle, so that's what we got. So far I have replaced both front axles, wheel knuckle in front, and one wheel bearing hub in back. Radiator (have to take off the front part of the car) thermostat, and while we were in there, replaced the alternator. I was told the engine was in great shape, and the transmission rebuilt when we got it, and it does run well now (Oh, yeah, I also replaced the plugs and wires).

SO, after all of that, I SHOULD have a brand new car. but things just keep happening. I ask you all, is there an end to this? I mean, I am vested now, I think I am past the point of selling it to save myself...

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was given good advice to replace the timing chain and water pump impeller on my 03 gls convertible, I’m told these are a common failure on these engines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts