NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i would like to say thank you to this forum.it has helped me fix some problems with "rosie" thats the name of my 2002 vw beetle 1.8 turbo s.she is SO much fun to drive...the other day the asr light came on and stays on...anyone got a clue what could cause this? i have cleaned the wheel speed sensors and the MAF sensor...anything else i need to do before taking her into the stealership? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
One thing before you take her to the dealership, is to find a local, independant VW shop! Stat! :D

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and We Love Pics! :p

I've owned two Turbo S's, and one thing I have learned is this:

The Turbo S is so much fun, it should be illegal! :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

well thank you,for the warm welcome...rosie is the only stick i have ever drove that i did not have to down shift to pass someone...makes my heart pound,hehehe

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome from Texas! A short trip down I 35 and a little bit west of Austin you'll find the bustling little town of Marble Falls. Sitting on the beautiful Lower Colorado River chain of lakes.
We sure are glad you found us, and hope you stay for a good long while. :)
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!
Hello from the warm reaches of North Carolina!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got to start somewhere

been doing some looking and i have new wheel speed sensors on the way got a real good deal on them,figured i would start there and see if t will fix my asr light problem

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Maddie! I didn't know you joined us! :party:

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Welcome to the org. Not sure how to help on your ASR problem! Although, I found this thanks to Fowvay:

ASR. (anti slip regulator)

A traction control system that uses the ABS sensors on all
four wheels to determine if the front wheels are
spinning faster than the rear wheels. ASR will then use the
DBW (drive by wire) throttle to back off power
untill the front and rear wheels are accelerating at the same
rate. You can turn this off when wheel spin is desirable.

This leads me to believe it would likely be your ABS sensors... I could be wrong. Those wheel speed sensors just might fix your problem!

Hope you figure this out soon!

~Matty

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i hope it does

great minds think alike matty....and thank you for the warm welcome...i will keep you posted on the issue my take a bit after all it is almost Christmas...and to top it off i just had ulnar nerve transposition surgery,on both elbows,and they are still very sensitive..but this girl will get her done

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
BTW, Totally jealous of your location. lol. I just went through on 66 last month coming home from Oklahoma. Started just east of Joplin at Gary's Gay Parita, an followed it all the way to Rolla. Gary told me I needed to stop for some Route 66 soda so I stopped right outside of Lebanon for some. I am thinking a good ol' midwest 66 GTG might need to happen soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts