VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a long time multiple VW owner. I have never had an NB so I have come here to gather info from like-minded people. I have 7 VWs at my house right now and my oldest daughter wants to look at a 2000 turbo. She already owns a '58 Beetle. My other daughter drives an '84 cabriolet. She is trying to claim ownership of one of the '74 Beetles, too, although I haven't given in to that yet. I also have a couple of '92 Passat Syncros and a Tiguan. I hope I can add to this forum as well as glean info here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm always repairing something, that's for sure... This is my youngest daughter's Cab. My Tig. My GM collection. I sold the black truck and the Blazer is my oldest daughter's, which she crashed, causing the search for the New Beetle. The Sub. Another German car. I guess I don't have any pictures of the '58, the '74 convertible Beetle,the '74 Sunbug or the Passats.. I have tolerant neighbors...

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Interesting grouping of cars (GM and VW); it sounds like you need your own shop and lift, too keep everything running! :) How is that Tiguan; any issues? The humble mechanic; seems to run down the list, of typical issues here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW93gqAqEbo

How is that 911? I always wanted to drive one; do they really drive, like the ultimate VW/Porsche aircooled driver's car... everyone says they are? They must be a blast; to drive! :angel:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had the 911 the longest(since '86). It still gives me goose-bumps when I start it up! I have a hoist in my garage. My wife and kids gave it to me for my 50th birthday. The Tig has had an injector fail at 32000 kms. The only problem was that I had to drive six hours to get the APR tune removed before they would repair it and six hours the get the tune re-installed after the repair. Other than that minor inconvenience, I love the Tig!! I do wish I could get a 6sp 4motion, though. I settled for a 6sp FWD. I have considered trading up to a Golf R but so far I haven't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts